Thais urged to postpone visits to Japan, Singapore amid virus threat

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the situation in Thailand is at the second stage but it must brace for the advent of the third stage.

Why brace, why not just stop it in it's track before it gets to the third stage, oops solly, I forgot where I was, Thailand has it all under control as advised by the PM, so we can't go over his head now can we.

• Like 1

So confusing, urging Thais to not travel to XYZ countries but allowing the Chinese in regardless.
Fearing Japan or Singapore but not Vietnam? I travel to the latter often but trust Japan and Singapore more for sure, would also think it is safer.

And me keeps complaining about stupidity of my wife, she is actually quite smart compared to these government officials (or just as stupid, depends how you look at it, to conclude almost everyone in this country is). Jesus, it is pure torture for someone with average intelligence or up.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Is it possible that the Thai Government is fearful that Thais will be revealed to be entering those countries displaying symptoms, and that their media will not be prevented from reporting it?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thian said:

So we don't have to leave thailand every 3 months for a visastamp? I always fly to Singapore for that.

Singapore Airlines canceled 700 some flights today. Thailand is on the list. 

The other airlines will probably follow soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How can that be true ?? Wuhan is on lock down isn't it !!!

5 million from Wuhan escaped before the lockdown. Many fled the country. With incubation periods now up to 24 days in a few cases, there’s no telling what’s going on or who they infected who eventually came here.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dcnx said:

5 million from Wuhan escaped before the lockdown. Many fled the country. With incubation periods now up to 24 days in a few cases, there’s no telling what’s going on or who they infected who eventually came here.

Wuhan was shut down on 23rd Jan. 24 days has already elapsed.

Thais who visited Japan and Singapore in the past 14 days, and have fever, have to meet doctors and will get treatment free of charge, he said.

And what about non-Thais who find themselves in the same medical situation, dear doctor???

Well, I think we already know the likely answer to THAT question... :angry: