Thai consulate in NY says that monthly income is no longer acceptable.

12 minutes ago, EricS said:

I thought it sounded like an OA but that would still be highly unusual for a Thai Consulate in the United States to tell him 800K baht when USD in the United States is perfectly ok.

If you look at the consulate website (I posted a link to it on page one) it shows the amount in baht. Many embassies and consulates show the amounts in baht due to exchange rates not being constantly the same.

"An original bank statement  showing deposit amount equal to and no less than 800,000 Thai baht and an original letter of guarantee from the bank"

On 2/18/2020 at 3:28 AM, tomahawk said:

I know people are sick of this topic, but I have wife and child in Thailand and if this is true I will not be able to live there for a long term anymore.

My favourite subject actually, the only reason I go to Thailand now is to visit my wife and son. Favourite visa was the non-O multi entry, but they stopped issuing it in the UK.

When looking at the O-A in the UK last Sept the e-visa guidance said it could be the eqiv. In pounds sterling in a UK bank of 800kTHB, 65kTHB/month income or the combo method of deposit & income in different accounts. If using a deposit in a Thai bank "passbook not enough, you would need a letter from the Thai Bank".

800kTHB deposit locked in a Thai bank account is just not an option IMO, only for desperate people! 

The 400kTHB is a slightly more plausable in the fact that you can spend it.

I'm down to the options of single entry non-O, 60 day visa SE, or visa exempt, in the UK.

I would grab the muti non-O if you still can.

You should ask Trump to have the Thai Gov. to deposit a guarantee  bond of $25000 in the US, for every 800kTHB they want locked in a Thai bank for the extended visitors Visas. Does he not like those kinda subjects????.

Edited by UKresonant

On 2/18/2020 at 5:05 AM, scubascuba3 said:

US, UK and Australia aren't doing monthly income verification letter anymore, but i think 12 monthly intl transfers of 65k+ works

That's in Thailand. This guy will apply in the US. Not the same thing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UKresonant said:

My favourite subject actually, the only reason I go to Thailand now is to visit my wife and son. Favourite visa was the non-O multi entry, but they stopped issuing it in the UK.

When looking at the O-A in the UK last Sept the e-visa guidance said it could be the eqiv. In pounds sterling in a UK bank of 800kTHB, 65kTHB/month income or the combo method of deposit & income in different accounts. If using a deposit in a Thai bank "passbook not enough, you would need a letter from the Thai Bank".

800kTHB deposit locked in a Thai bank account is just not an option IMO, only for desperate people! 

The 400kTHB is a slightly more plausable in the fact that you can spend it.

I'm down to the options of single entry non-O, 60 day visa SE, or visa exempt, in the UK.

I would grab the muti non-O if you still can.

You should ask Trump to have the Thai Gov. to deposit a guarantee  bond of $25000 in the US, for every 800kTHB they want locked in a Thai bank for the extended visitors Visas. Does he not like those kinda subjects????.

My suggestion for both you and the OP would be to grab a visa exempt into Thailand and then go to Savannakhet and get your 1 year Non-O multi entry based on marriage and that would fix both yours and the OP's problem and there is no financial requirements for that visa at Savannakhet. Savannakhet is the closest easy consulate for the 1 year non-O mutli entry visa. HCMC also issue 1 year non-O multi entry visa's but I believe that there is a little bit of more paperwork there. Ubonjoe would be able to give that extra information as I have only used Savannakhet.

23 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

My suggestion for both you and the OP would be to grab a visa exempt into Thailand and then go to Savannakhet and get your 1 year Non-O multi entry based on marriage and that would fix both yours and the OP's problem and there is no financial requirements for that visa at Savannakhet.

The OP could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at the consulate in New York, the embassy, or one of the 2 other official Thai consulates in the US. Only $700 (20k baht) needs to be shown in a bank that is required for all visa applications.

• Like 1

Tomahawk, the easiest solution for you to be with your wife and child long term in Thailand is to travel to Bangkok either on a tourist visa or on a visa exempt then once you are in Thailand you then travel to Savannakhet, Laos to the Thai consulate there and apply for a 1 year non-O multi entry visa based on your marriage to a Thai national. This visa requires you to leave Thailand (border run) every 90 days and if you do you last border run 2 days before your visa expires then you will get another 90 day stamp which will give you 15 months on that visa but you can also get the last 90 days extended by going to your local immigration office and appyling for a 60 day extension which has now given you 17 months stay in Thailand and then you can do the whole process again. So that means that you bypass the NY Consulate and go direct to Thailand and there is no financial requirements for the 1 year non-O multi entry visa ifrom Savannakhet.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP could get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at the consulate in New York, the embassy, or one of the 2 other official Thai consulates in the US. Only $700 (20k baht( needs to be shown a bank that is required for all visa applications.

That's right but it would appear that the financial part is the problem for him so I am trying to give him another option where he does not need the financials

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

That's right but it would appear that the financial part is the problem for him so I am trying to give him another option where he does not need the financials

I don't think $700 US would be a problem for him. He was concerned about needing 800k baht in a bank,

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't think $700 US would be a problem for him. He was concerned about needing 800k baht in a bank,

If that's the case then it is easy. He gets the visa in NY and he has no problem

5 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Tomahawk, the easiest solution for you to be with your wife and child long term in Thailand is to travel to Bangkok either on a tourist visa or on a visa exempt

Tourist visa would be better than visa exempt, I think, since the OP might otherwise run the risk of being denied permission to board his flight to Thailand at the USA airport of origin on a one-way ticket unless he can show evidence of a further one-way flight ticket out of Thailand booked within the following 30 days.

51 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

What is this letter?  Does it supposed to just mirror and say that the money shown on the bank statement is accurate?

It is just a letter confirming your account is valid and the balance on the day it is written.

• Like 1