Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Sanders, Bloomberg trade insults as Democratic White House race heats up

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, sucit said:

In short, if you have a president who is actually for the people, you have a fighting chance.

You realize that the other side (Trump and the GOP) will be arguing the same thing.  Except they won't be saddled with the label "socialist."  Regardless of what you and other Bernie Bros think, there are many, many Americans who abhor the term. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Bloomberg's debate performance in Las Vegas was the worst presidential debate performance I have ever seen. While that couldn't have been intentional, IF he performs in a mediocre way at his next debate, pundits can then call that a win. I'm not going to discount the power of his disposable billions going forward, but he really is going to need to do better. At this point, I wish the democrats would have a huddle and all drop out except for one to challenge Sanders. Of course they won't do that so it looks like we're headed to a contested convention.

 

As far as Bloomberg's socialist attack on Bernie, it really did come off as a republican flavored attack, not a democratic one. Yes the 45 campaign will try to label all democrats especially Bernie as radical far leftists, when of course they're not, Bloomberg seemed to be buying into the B.S. that Bernie is favoring an authoritarian left wing regime. I would have respected him more if he had said that if Bernie is nominated, the 45 side will be running Bernie equals Venezuela ads 24/7 and while not true that will make Bernie unelectable. That's a fair argument whether you agree with it or not. Parroting the 45 style attacks is not, certainly not from someone running for the democratic nomination.

 

Of course democrats will need to unite behind whoever is nominated, including Bernie, including Bloomberg.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bloomberg seemed to be buying into the B.S. that Bernie is favoring an authoritarian left wing regime.

No B.S. here.  It's real.

 

SIT

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:42 AM, Cryingdick said:

 

I got lucky? I grow up very poor and was homeless when I was 13 and am from a broken home. It get's worse I am from Minnesota so being on the streets in the winter is tough. Ever had to sleep in a hall way of an apartment because it's warm and there is no security? That would be harder to find these days. Ever slept in a car and put your hands in your armpits or crotch to keep your extremities warm?

 

Most Americans haven't the foggiest clue about what suffering is. 

 

I got some paper routes and used the proceeds to buy food stamps for half their face value and then went store to store to get the 99 cents change one dollar at a time Back then when you had paper stamps if you bought something the change in coins was given in cash. Didn't take me long to figure out you could buy a one a cent gum and get 99 cents cash for every dollar stamp. I would take the gum to school and sell it for ten cents. Lucky right? 

 

I had more business savvy and better money management skills while I went through puberty than most adult Americans have today. I was always good at certain things and if you ever think I just got lucky I would challenge you to a paper trading account and we see who does better after a year. All things being equal, there is skill to it. 

 

 

 

You offend me when you say I am lucky but you are right in the sense I am lucky I was born in the USA where things are so easy to do. I can't say I would have the same life had I been born in Thailand or other places. 

 

I have lived in more than 20 countries (lived not visited) and have spent my entire adult life outside of the USA. 

 

I am now back in the USa and the ease of doing almost anything you can imagine is easier than anywhere else I have ever lived. If you have a little imagination, a tiny amount of gumption you will normally get "lucky". 

 

 

Yes, of course you did. You got extremely lucky. Try being "successful" and a single mother of two who has health problems and has to take six months off of work. Or someone who had your same exact trajectory and had to file for bankrupcy because of medical bills, The examples could go on and on. You just do not seem to get it.

 

Of course everyone will think to themselves, "I die not get lucky, for me it was hard work" lol You just refuse to see it... there are people who have worked 10 times harder than you and had 1/10 of the chances you had and the system did nothing but work against...

 

You ever lived life as a black gay man, or a disfigured person? You just smugly have no <deleted> clue. You got lucky. Deal with it! 

 

Regardless if all that above, you point would STILL make absolutely no sense! So, you did good for yourself and are now well off. Great! But now you want to hoard all of your success: "what is going to happen to me and my poor 401k if people actually get the healthcare they need". 

 

Nothing will happen to you! As you are arguing, you will be fine because you are independent and able to overcome "adversity". You say you are not all about yourself and yet every statement you make reeks of selfishness. 

Edited by sucit
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 11:13 AM, Berkshire said:

You realize that the other side (Trump and the GOP) will be arguing the same thing.  Except they won't be saddled with the label "socialist."  Regardless of what you and other Bernie Bros think, there are many, many Americans who abhor the term. 

What I can do if people are more interested in labels than actual policy? It does not seem to be the case though, look at the polls. So I am not sure what you are even talking about. Why do you make statements and yet the polling indicates the opposite? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie was FOR the first ballot leader but under the needed number NOT automatically winning (in 2016) before he was against it. Because he was not the leader in 2016 but it's assumed that this time he'll be going into the convention leading but under the needed number. What a hypocrite! He's no better than any other politician. OK, that's par for the course, but no more delusions about "Saint" Bernie please. For sake of sweet justice I'd like to see another candidate leading going into the convention so we can watch Bernie the hypocrite change his position again. 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Bernie was FOR the first ballot leader but under the needed number NOT automatically winning (in 2016) before he was against it. Because he was not the leader in 2016 but it's assumed that this time he'll be going into the convention leading but under the needed number. What a hypocrite! He's no better than any other politician. OK, that's par for the course, but no more delusions about "Saint" Bernie please. For sake of sweet justice I'd like to see another candidate leading going into the convention so we can watch Bernie the hypocrite change his position again. 

 

This may be your most laughable post yet. No matter what the case, you realize you are arguing AGAINST democracy, right?

 

It was actually proven by wikileaks that the 2016 elections were biased/rigged against him. And he is the bad guy! 

 

It is almost laughable, the "change his positions" candidate Sanders! You just seem to ignore facts. It is so obvious. 

 

I will look into what you said though. 

 

Here is the take home point in any case... what are the attacks against Bernie? 

 

Age

Bernie Bros

 

lol EVERYONE on earth knows for a stone cold fact. Stone cold! That if those two things are the best an entire establishment machine can come up with, you have got a GREAT candidate on your hands.

 

They can't fight him on policy because they know people love his policies. I see this time and time again on the news and even in here. Nobody cares to actually argue about his policies because they know they are popular and they realize the status quo is not working for anyone but the rich.

 

When you aint got nothin, you attack nothing. And that is exactly what you are seeing.

 

Like I said, I will look into what you said. Do me a favor also, look into how detailed the medical records Sanders already has released are and compare that to the questioning he gets from ever major news channel. Ne has released as or more detailed health records than anyone! It is outright blatant lies and deception, based on nothing... repeated over and over, because that is all they have. 

Edited by sucit
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:42 AM, Cryingdick said:

I had more business savvy and better money management skills while I went through puberty than most adult Americans have today. I was always good at certain things and if you ever think I just got lucky I would challenge you to a paper trading account and we see who does better after a year. All things being equal, there is skill to it. 

Again, you say "I did not get lucky", then right within your own statements, you contradict that.

 

So you had "more business savvy and better skills...."

I am finding it hard to believe, even if we take you at your word, you do not realize by definition that means you were lucky! That is how it works.

 

You are "better than most people" at xyz. You had to be lucky for that to be the case. 

 

What you should come to realize in this exchange is that you have been terribly lucky. What you will actually do is continue to rationalize and think your hard work and success can be attained by all, if only they had a work ethic like you. I know I will never convince you, but hopefully some day you will self realize the truth. And if you ever do that, you will realize that there are people in the world that need more help than you did, whether it be with medical bills or education, and hopefully you will think about them more than "my 401k" losing a few points. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Bernie was FOR the first ballot leader but under the needed number NOT automatically winning (in 2016) before he was against it. Because he was not the leader in 2016 but it's assumed that this time he'll be going into the convention leading but under the needed number. What a hypocrite! He's no better than any other politician. OK, that's par for the course, but no more delusions about "Saint" Bernie please. For sake of sweet justice I'd like to see another candidate leading going into the convention so we can watch Bernie the hypocrite change his position again. 

 

I read about that a little. What stood out was there were obviously two candidates in 2016. What is wrong with waiting until Hillary had 50%? 

 

Anyway, in this case we would have a situation where (for argument's sake) Sanders had 35% and let's say the next closest candidate had 30%. 

 

What are you arguing? Can you explain why, exactly, that candidate with 30% should now have a chance to win. It seems as if all you could be doing is arguing against democracy; arguing against the will of the people. 

 

If that is your opinion, why even have elections? You seem to be against democracy, and I just can't even force myself to think a rational human would think that. So maybe you can explain. 

Edited by sucit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Fox news projecting Bernie will win Nevada.

 

Looks like Pelosi and the DNC are going to have to ramp up their efforts to screw him out of the nomination again.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sucit said:

What I can do if people are more interested in labels than actual policy? It does not seem to be the case though, look at the polls. So I am not sure what you are even talking about. Why do you make statements and yet the polling indicates the opposite? 

Polling?  No one has ever said that Bernie can't win the Dem nomination.  He can and he might.  The big question is whether he can win the General Election.  That's it and that's all.

 

Even if current polling says Bernie can beat Trump now, you're forgetting that Trump hasn't even gone after Bernie yet and for good reason.  Trump wants Bernie to be the nominee.  But mark my words, if Bernie does become the nominee, Trump and his right wing machine will go after Bernie like he's never seen.  It will be ugly.  Full of vicious lies, and hate, and made-up nonsense.  What happened to Hillary will be nothing compared to what will happen to Bernie.  I literally fear for the man.

 

As for the labels, you should understand that it's not the Bernie Bros or hardcore Dems who will decide this election.  Nor will it be the hardcore Trumpers and lifelong Republicans.  It will be the moderates and independents...the undecideds.  Many of the them are just as disgusted and embarrassed by Trump as you or I.  But they hate the concept of socialism even more.  So they may just hold their noses and vote for Trump because they fear losing their way of life.  Sorry, but that's how many Americans think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sucit said:

Again, you say "I did not get lucky", then right within your own statements, you contradict that.

 

So you had "more business savvy and better skills...."

I am finding it hard to believe, even if we take you at your word, you do not realize by definition that means you were lucky! That is how it works.

 

You are "better than most people" at xyz. You had to be lucky for that to be the case. 

 

What you should come to realize in this exchange is that you have been terribly lucky. What you will actually do is continue to rationalize and think your hard work and success can be attained by all, if only they had a work ethic like you. I know I will never convince you, but hopefully some day you will self realize the truth. And if you ever do that, you will realize that there are people in the world that need more help than you did, whether it be with medical bills or education, and hopefully you will think about them more than "my 401k" losing a few points. 

 

I guess by your standards you are either lucky or you aren't. I am hoping my luck will continue and people will reject your premise. I don't feel like taking a $50 trillion dollar spin at the wheel and hoping Bernie makes us all luckier. 

 

At least we know in the elections it will be a matter of pure luck that makes a winner or loser. If that's the case why bother worrying about it?

 

 

 

 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...