baht bus prices

Harveyboy

has there been an increase in Baht bus prices over the last few weeks. on the Sukhumvit road ..route .been in the north for a while now but my son is in Pattaya and has been Told several times now by drivers on Sukhumvit. 20 baht   none of the other routes in and around town......not the point of 10 baht but the principal is it rip off time 

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

if your son is Thai then i would say it has been increased to 20 baht ....  if it was a farang i would also understand the request.

no he is Farang just that he said all other routes  10. just wondering if prices have gone up that's all. tks   

• 4 weeks later...

The secret about these fares is that is not a flat rate anywhere, but it goes in sections, each of it cost 10 bt. So it all depends how far he goes exactly. You did not tell any of that.

IT can even mean that if you board just before the red lights and get off after it turned left just after, you hit 2 sections and have to pay 20 bt. As a very simple rule of thumb: any turn means one enters a new section. But this is a bit over-simplifying.

6 hours ago, Langsuan Man said:

Any of the "highway" baht buses (light blue) are 20 Baht versus 10 Baht for in town 

tks only paid 10 ever same as all the thais no Thai pays more 100% on that thanks for the reply