Visa exempt for Chinese and Indian tourists proposed to boost tourism in Thailand

webfact

Indians don't tend to stay long. Thai holidays are already not cheap for indians. Thanks to the weak indian rupee. 

I can't imagine an indian family staying for a month in Thailand. On the other hand it will give flexibility to those who tend to stay 2 weeks on voa but will end up staying for 3 if visa exempt means 30 days visa free entry. 

But in my opinion most indians stay upto a week and go back to India. 

• Like 1

Anyway it will happen someday. It just a matter of time.

They want to replace Western tourists with the 2 new superpowers.

There will be more many more Indian and Chinese restaurants in the next decade and more of those hideous new buildings receiving exclusively Chinese customers who only speak Chinese. And probably more Indian tourists in Pattaya.

Don't hold your breathe, it is inevitable. And Thai smiles will become rarer in the next decade.

• Like 1

Just now, ChipButty said:

Immigration would only let the Chinese extend their tourist visa for 7 days.....that's right, only 7 days. I guess they want the Chinese tourists to <deleted> off back home.

Same for indians. But that's not exactly an extension. That's just a permission to leave the country in 7 days for a fee of 1900 baht. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Visa exempt for Chinese and Indian tourists proposed to boost tourism in Thailand

These proposals won't do much to boost tourism and making Chinese and Indians the preferred guests isn't particularly brilliant.

How about making Thailand safe, clean, and more accessible to all travelers? I guess doing anything is a moot point until the coronavirus hype runs its course but these guys need to figure out real solutions instead of the pathetic simpleton plans they come up with.

Been checking hotel room rates still far to high. The hotels continually are playing stupid games .With the  advent of the internet tourist around the world  always check rooms  rates, airline tickets, and what visa is required, My situation is a little different were as my wife is a Chinese living in Australia  so the 30 day visa would be  a great help.

Last year my wife was treated like a criminal  on her VOA  and she said she would never go back to Thailand. As I am half  way through Dental Treatment in Thailand  has put me in a difficult position and looking at Vietnam to complete the treatment.

as I have stated previously  when Tourists find  other  holiday destinations they are hard to get back. The Thai tourist board needs to start acting very fast before it is all lost.

The land of smiles has gone a long time ago so they need to start looking after the goose that lays the golden egg.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, globalspark said:

Been checking hotel room rates still far to high. The hotels continually are playing stupid games .With the  advent of the internet tourist around the world  always check rooms  rates, airline tickets, and what visa is required, My situation is a little different were as my wife is a Chinese living in Australia  so the 30 day visa would be  a great help.

Last year my wife was treated like a criminal  on her VOA  and she said she would never go back to Thailand. As I am half  way through Dental Treatment in Thailand  has put me in a difficult position and looking at Vietnam to complete the treatment.

as I have stated previously  when Tourists find  other  holiday destinations they are hard to get back. The Thai tourist board needs to start acting very fast before it is all lost.

The land of smiles has gone a long time ago so they need to start looking after the goose that lays the golden egg.

Yep, they are burning one category of visitor and source of revenue after another. 

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted? Too late and backfiring big time. The immigration's little BMWs of the smarter kind will be VERY busy hunting the overstaying Southasian "tourists". Taking the racist approach of Thais against "Khaek" - go figure. 

And the Chinese, well - they have different priorities if I am not wrong. 

With the government keeping the virus figures secrete.  Maybe in the hope of not scaring the Chinese away. But, it is scaring everybody else away.

Very likely Thailand has number 2 position in infections of the virus.

They should advice Thais to go to Singapore and Hong Kong as it is probably safer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The immigration's little BMWs of the smarter kind

The smart BMW's are just BMW's with a policeman sitting with a laptop.. 

Replacing the BMW's with an Altis, is of course wiser use of public funds, but not good for the image....

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, globalspark said:

Been checking hotel room rates still far to high.

Plenty of hotels in Phuket have slashed their prices. I'll repeat what I posted in another thread that it's not always possible for hotels to reduce prices as they may already have many advance bookings with free cancellations. They don't want customers to cancel and rebook at a cheaper price. I'd guess many of those reducing prices are those that catereed mainly to Chinese tour groups with not so many bookings from Booking.com etc.

But look around and you will find deals, if you're actually interested in doing so, which, judging by the rest of your post, you may not be!