Visa exempt for Chinese and Indian tourists proposed to boost tourism in Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Get better looking hookers entertainers in the bars and regulate their prices. As currently such services are cheaper back in Spain or France.

Not even close. Unless one is foolish to hang out at the tourist traps of Walking Street and Nana.

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Either Thailand adapt, or Thailand loose Europe visitors (and mainly their money).

Another great post. But do u think they really care. They seem to be focussing only on Chinese. 

And as per my observation Chinese tour groups spend a lot of money buying thai products. I have seen them with multiple plastic bags with thai made eatables,snacks, dried fruits etc. 

Edited by lovethai123
Spelling error
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

Another great post. But do u think they really care. They seem to be focussing only on Chinese. 

And as per my observation Chinese your groups spend a lot of money buying thai products. I have seen them with multiple plastic bags with thai made eatables,snacks, dried fruits etc. 

Very true Sir. and you are right, as the price would really need to be a bargain to make a Chinese spend for goods in a retail mall abroad.

1 hour ago, davidstipek said:

You really want to Boost Tourism here?

REALLY??

2 things are needed and this includes for India and China!

1: Raise the value of U.S. Dollar in relationship to the Thai Baht by 6-8 Baht per Dollar. (This is more where it should be anyway!).

2: Offer Visa Exempt Status to U.S. and British Citizens! One additional stipulation... They screw-up it any way, no matter how big or small they will be deported and Barred for life. This also applies to Thai... Any attempt to Harm any Tourist, in any way and results in a conviction 5 million Baht Fine. 2.5 million for Provincial Law Enforcement, distributed to Offices Involved in arrest of person/persons involved. 2.5 Million to Tourist National Fund to Improve Total Picture of Tourism here. Any conviction resulting in the crime committed will have automatic 10 year sentence will max reduction for any reason... 2 years! 

These two things will do massive Benefits to Thailand! Plus and added Bonus of Improving Exports 200%, Putting Thai's back to work. Raising Mom and Pop shops income 500% along with Major Stores 250%. Aslong as you don't screw up and raise prices!! Profit should be made on Volume of Items sold... Not on Price of each Item!

Thai Dream... This would go along with my proposal above...

Thailand would be better off simply realizing that  tourism for 2020 is finished.  the schemes they are  pursuing will do nothing to enhance tourism/

During this period- it's time to clean up the beaches; make the water  blue again and train staff how to market , advertise and service tourists.

Once the virus has eased- international roadshows to Europe; North and South America should welcome the tourists back by promising lower prices and a great experience.

The Thai Government needs to inform the Immigration Department to stop asking people why they come to Thailand; and just stamp the people in according to their Visa type.  A smile and a welcome should be the norm.

The Government needs to suspend taxes on hotel guests and restaurant taxes as well as any taxes on alcohol. This will allow  places of business to lower prices .

Any place that  sells alcohol and wants to remain open- can do so 24/7.  The nonsensical alcohol selling hours at stores need to be rescinded.

No double pricing anywhere for anything.

Every Taxi needs to use a meter and take any passenger anywhere without argument.

Tolls everywhere need to be stopped to ensure traffic moves smoothly.

You want tourists back when the virus is contained-not now when it can be spread and is not contained.  You take the hit now; plan for the near future and take care of all the negatives that drive tourists away.

But then again... we are all free to Dream the Whole World! But I think it is about time for Thailand to Wake Up!

Before  any more spout off negatively you need to do some research here. That's 15 days for a VOA! 15 days!! Visa Exempt is 30 days... The renewable at Immigration's discretion another 30 day or optional 60 day. Which is going to improve Benefits for Thailand and the Tourist??  

I think the Biggest Benefit For Thailand here is to Invite Retiree's here to Meeting to discuss what had helped them here and what Thailand could do to Improve! Becoming #1 Attraction Again, in S.E. Asia!! Each Province Knows where the Best answers will come from and by who... Invite us, reward us with Brown Envelopes too! Remember it works Both Ways... Traffic is always the best one a Two-Way Street. One-way will clear area so to ease climate, but does not stay that way!

Observer 90210 Good Idea! Needs to be recognized be those in charge here!

Thailand also needs to realise that today it's not only light skin caucasians who have money, Indians, Chinese and other ethinies are big spenders and often are richer then the regular Cheap Charlies that did haunt the suburbs of Bangkok 20 years back. Naturally the jealous will say they drink with 5 straws, poo all over etc. But one needs to face the fact, the dogma for the new spenders has changed.

The retirees living in Thailand are also a valuable source of publicity for tourists. Treat the retirees with harsh immigration rules, and they report it back home and it discourages people from wanting to visit.

Let me repeat this! Retiree's living in Thailand...!! Are not just a valuable Source of Publicity for Tourism here,

"They are a Major Source!!"

For decision making on destinations for Vacations, Investments, where to Retire! I am asked weekly to address Major questions from Prospects Inquiring whether or not to come here... and not Just From America.

Right now, do you really want me to expose my Answers??

Get better looking hookers entertainers in the bars and regulate their prices. As currently such services are cheaper back in Spain or France.

Don't think foreigners, tourists, retirees are "Fools anymore". People know how to compare, where the best deals are! Europe is getting far cheaper for many goods and services then in Thailand.

Either Thailand adapt, or Thailand loose European and American Visitors (and mainly their money)!

Edited by davidstipek
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Nana Plaza doesn’t do Indians...

maybe !!... but Nana Plaza is bang in the heart of the middle eastern-indian tourist area of BKK ????.... and when only indians will be spending due to the current  lack of korean or japanese visitors due to the virus and other reasons know for long.........in that case Nana and the Thermae Bar will close down you think ? ????....as they do not want to cater Indians ? ????????

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Very true Sir. and you are right, as the price would really need to be a bargain to make a Chinese spend for goods in a retail mall abroad.

I dont know. I have never been near to a Chinese.

But as per various internet reports these innocent Chinese tourists are forced to spend a lot of money by their tour leader/guide at selected places.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

maybe !!... but Nana Plaza is bang in the heart of the middle eastern-indian tourist area of BKK ????.... and when only indians will be spending due to the current  lack of korean or japanese visitors due to the virus and other reasons know for long.........in that case Nana and the Thermae Bar will close down you think ? ????....as they do not want to cater Indians ? ????????

With all due respect sir, indians generally don't like to pay a barfine of a 1000 baht. 

Indians don't even like to pay barfine.  The go go owners know it. Many times go go staff dont call indians or indian looking people. they call farangs and jump to korean japanese tourist.

All this breast beating is overblown. Everyone will be back soon as the corona virus scare comes to an end, which it already is slowing.

Where else are they going to go? Cambodia? Vietnam? Give me a break.

But the visa exempt is a good idea. Not quite sure what the difference ever was between VOA and VE except the stamps and the extra hassle/fee at the airport here for the VOA.

10 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

If someone's really considering travelling thousands of miles and spending serious money on a holiday, do they really think that a few baht for a visa will make a difference to their decision?

Nope. Which is one of the reasons they are drowning not waving.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

If someone's really considering travelling thousands of miles and spending serious money on a holiday, do they really think that a few baht for a visa will make a difference to their decision?

Yes

1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

Thailand would be better off simply realizing that  tourism for 2020 is finished.  the schemes they are  pursuing will do nothing to enhance tourism/

During this period- it's time to clean up the beaches; make the water  blue again and train staff how to market , advertise and service tourists.

Once the virus has eased- international roadshows to Europe; North and South America should welcome the tourists back by promising lower prices and a great experience.

The Thai Government needs to inform the Immigration Department to stop asking people why they come to Thailand; and just stamp the people in according to their Visa type.  A smile and a welcome should be the norm.

The Government needs to suspend taxes on hotel guests and restaurant taxes as well as any taxes on alcohol. This will allow  places of business to lower prices .

Any place that  sells alcohol and wants to remain open- can do so 24/7.  The nonsensical alcohol selling hours at stores need to be rescinded.

No double pricing anywhere for anything.

Every Taxi needs to use a meter and take any passenger anywhere without argument.

Tolls everywhere need to be stopped to ensure traffic moves smoothly.

You want tourists back when the virus is contained-not now when it can be spread and is not contained.  You take the hit now; plan for the near future and take care of all the negatives that drive tourists away.

Thaidream for PM!

• Like 1

Dear minister, to understand tourism is not so hard. Wherever the tourist come from they are all looking for five things; God weather, Fresh air, clean beaches seas and over all, Good service and goodvalue for the money. Take that inte account and you will find Thailand long down in the list of possible countries and maybe that could give you some new idea of how to handle the situation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe.

And you can meet them on the dating sites in the afternoon for 1/4th what they get later at work.

I can. But my thai girlfriend will be jealous and cry and tell me that I am bad man. So instead of mongering I prefer to suffer from the syndrome called one-vagina or in short onegina.

????????????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Parsve said:

Dear minister, to understand tourism is not so hard. Wherever the tourist come from they are all looking for five things; God weather, Fresh air, clean beaches seas and over all, Good service and goodvalue for the money. Take that inte account and you will find Thailand long down in the list of possible countries and maybe that could give you some new idea of how to handle the situation.

Its hard for them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

I can. But my thai girlfriend will be jealous and cry and tell me that I am bad man. So instead of mongering I prefer to suffer from the syndrome called one-vagina or in short onegina.

????????????

Just say you are going to the mall or getting a haircut.

You know, the same excuses they tell their bf when they are actually meeting a customer.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just say you are going to the mall or getting a haircut.

You know, the same excuses they tell their bf when they are actually meeting a customer.

She never meet another man though. 

Anyways haircut salon in Vietnam look amazing. While getting a haircut I get balls dry down there. I will go there soon. But since she has forbidden me to have lusty feelings for another woman , i might just go with her and look. Though she won't let me touch them.

????????????????

Edited by lovethai123

TAT is dreaming that Chinese people will do the first thing after coming over the virus problem to run into Thailand. I am sure it will take quite some time.

And sooner or later it will be published that Thailand has many more Corona Virus cases and their politic of information isn't better than China, North Korea or any other countries ruled like communist countries! And this could cost more visitors from abroad!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

And as per my observation Chinese tour groups spend a lot of money buying thai products. I have seen them with multiple plastic bags with thai made eatables,snacks, dried fruits etc. 

Bags full of thai snacks and fruits....oh my god.

In Swiss you see herds of Chinese around those watch shops...guess you know what they cost? They even have chinese salesmen in those shops.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, manhood said:

TAT is dreaming that Chinese people will do the first thing after coming over the virus problem to run into Thailand. I am sure it will take quite some time.

And sooner or later it will be published that Thailand has many more Corona Virus cases and their politic of information isn't better than China, North Korea or any other countries ruled like communist countries! And this could cost more visitors from abroad!

But they don't have enough brains to understand it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

Bags full of thai snacks and fruits....oh my god.

In Swiss you see herds of Chinese around those watch shops...guess you know what they cost? They even have chinese salesmen in those shops.

Pardon me for my ignorance. So you mean they buy expensive watches or not? Kindly enlighten. 

• Sad 1