Lost book for bike registered in Surin but living in Pattaya. Options?

bobbin

As above, my friend has an older Phantom registered in Surin. He has been living in Chonburi province for many years and has not been using the bike for 3 or 4 years now. It is slowly deteriorating from lack of use. He is over 81 years old and would like to sell it.

He has been told by various sources that he must file a police report about the lost book and then take this report to the DLT office in Surin. This will involve travel and accommodation costs as well as the fees needed to bring the bike up to current. For a bike that's saleable for 30-35K.

To anyone's knowledge, is this the only option? Not possible to take the police report to Pattaya area DLT and change province? The computer there will show him as registered owner in Surin.

Sounds like it could be a hassle.

I know some do not like this suggestion, but try an agent in Pattaya who deals with motor vehicle registration issues. 

A friend had a similar issue with no book and they got everything done in a couple of days.  I know the place was on Theparsit road.  Do not know the cost.

Edited by bkk6060