ED Visa refused in Penang

14 minutes ago, London Boy said:

Good advice. I may just attend the classes while on a TR or fly to London in April and apply there (its my mums birthday as well). I think trying in Vientiane or HCMC will be a waste of time with two back to back SETV's

Visa applications from London are done online now 

On 2/18/2020 at 1:50 PM, London Boy said:

The same officious little <deleted> came out and I made the decsion to verbally blast him once I had my passport given back to me. "Listen to me, I'm not a skint back packer wondering around Asia, I'm a succesful business man and If i want to learn the language before retiring in Thailand, am I asking too much". I think he was taken aback by someone actually confronting him rather then kissing his <deleted>

You're nearly 50, but still haven't learned any humility, pleasantness, nor how to show a little respect.  :coffee1:

• Like 2

Always use an agent if you can, there are a few on chulia street in penang, and as weird as it may seem it doesn't cost more to use an agent than to show up yourself at the embassy.

I was stunned last time I got an SETV in Penang, gave the agent everything he needed late on Sunday evening and came back to pick-up my passport Tuesday with the visa.

btw, very bad move to stand up against an official at an embassy, it's likely they will work there for very long and you never know if you might need to come back to that embassy again ...

11 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

Always use an agent if you can, there are a few on chulia street in penang, and as weird as it may seem it doesn't cost more to use an agent than to show up yourself at the embassy.

I was stunned last time I got an SETV in Penang, gave the agent everything he needed late on Sunday evening and came back to pick-up my passport Tuesday with the visa.

btw, very bad move to stand up against an official at an embassy, it's likely they will work there for very long and you never know if you might need to come back to that embassy again ...

Your probably right. I was just so angry at his condescending manner. But I need him more then he needs me.