Jomtien Immigration 90 hold on 800,000 baht?

41 minutes ago, mikebell said:

What number desk does one take the 800,000 bank book to?  I am talking about 90 days AFTER obtaining the year's visa/extension. 

same desk when you collected your passport from when its was ready to collect with new extension in. there was a sign there saying show funds here last time  

• Like 1

For those who have been granted  extensions since the new rules have come into effect it  would seem reasonably obvious that come next application is when a check on keeping the 800k for 3 months  after will be the acid  test. That Jomtien has been asking for  verification at that 3 month point is irrelevant to the next annual round of the game.

• Like 2

the bank book next time around will show if funds have stayed within the limits .. but the extension is granted with rules . so may be we could have it taken away if not stuck to the rules .. but how come some people don't have any funds at all .. how do they get a 90 day  showing funds ? think the funds are agood idea means always got a back up for  a major operation ..  then get a flight home ..

3 hours ago, docspinoff said:

the bank book next time around will show if funds have stayed within the limits .. but the extension is granted with rules . so may be we could have it taken away if not stuck to the rules .. but how come some people don't have any funds at all .. how do they get a 90 day  showing funds ? think the funds are agood idea means always got a back up for  a major operation ..  then get a flight home ..

You can get around every official requirement if using an agent. 

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

For those who have been granted  extensions since the new rules have come into effect it  would seem reasonably obvious that come next application is when a check on keeping the 800k for 3 months  after will be the acid  test. That Jomtien has been asking for  verification at that 3 month point is irrelevant to the next annual round of the game.

You need a 12 months bank statement as proof of the 800k 90 days after the extension and never below 400k until next application. 

On 2/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, docspinoff said:

If you refer to those who maybe use agents, I believe they are never asked to return after 90  days.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If you refer to those who maybe use agents, I believe they are never asked to return after 90  days.

so we are saying the people who use agents don't have to do a 90 day stamp ????? so in effect they have a 1 year extension  with no rules. 

10 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

so we are saying the people who use agents don't have to do a 90 day stamp ????? so in effect they have a 1 year extension  with no rules. 

Agent can do 90 day report for you but still shows your pp. 

1 hour ago, docspinoff said:

Returning with bankbook 90 days was only stupid requirement at Jomtien and couple of other im office. Recent reports stating that the "form" is now not being handed out and those that do return are having io just glance at it. No record. Nothing. Was a crook from the start.

As for agent reference above, I only see one issue with this. If in future you decide to obtain the extensions yourself, then you would need start afresh with new non o.

Edited by DrJack54

They have to do the 90 day 'address report' but not the Jomtiem special show the money 90 days after renewal. 

A 90 days check for the 800k still in the bank is not same as the 90 days report. You don't seem to understand that agents don't work for free. The 90 days report is free and you can report in person, via mail or online. So if a person pay let's say 1000 baht per year for an agent to take care of his 90 days reports, he still has to hand over his passport to the agent and then somehow get it back. 4 times a year. So,you tell me,does this seem like less work than doing it yourself? 

46 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They have to do the 90 day 'address report' but not the Jomtiem special show the money 90 days after renewal. 

There are people using agents to do the 90 days reports as well. Imo totally crazy. They pay for something that's free. 

From the various reports above there seems to be no clarity on this issue.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:30 AM, jacko45k said:

That was my thought, not bother, they don't seem to be logging it anyplace so who is to know different. After March they may well start checking all renewals (retirement based on money in the bank) for compliance during the previous year anyhow... making this redundant. 

I have to go get a Re-Entry Permit soon so will take the updated bank book at the same time and see if anyone is interested. 

From the posts so far there still seems to be no clarity on this issue.

Can I ask where did you get the info - 'After March they may well start checking all renewals......'

I will go ask at the 'retirement' desk today as I have to do the 90 day.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:19 PM, docspinoff said:

i was told if this happen have to show 800,000 when i return to thailand when i have to reg address again with in 24hrs of landing 

So you land at BKK, or any other airport and stay in an hotel for one or two nights. Do you mean you must go along to CW with your updated bank book within 24 hours of landing?

16 minutes ago, oneton said:

Can I ask where did you get the info - 'After March they may well start checking all renewals......'

March of last year is when the new requirements to keep the 800k baht in the bank for the months after the day the extension application was done and then 400k baht after that. The would be checking to see if you complied with the requirements for the past year.

I did my regular 90 Day address report at Jomtien on Tuesday Feb 25, 2020 and the signs of the 90 day 800,000 report back were on the rear to the Desk 8 computers. I did mine renewal of my retirement visa in late December and also did not receive an appointment letter.

Hate to do it, but guess I will do the stupid report.

25 minutes ago, oneton said:

From the various reports above there seems to be no clarity on this issue.

From the posts so far there still seems to be no clarity on this issue.

I will go ask at the 'retirement' desk today as I have to do the 90 day.

They will ask for a 12 months bank statement to verify your 800k in the bank 3 months after the application for the extension last year, and that you never went below 400k until 2 months prior to next application (this year). There's been many posts about this,even if it shouldn't be needed before March 1. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

They will ask for a 12 months bank statement to verify your 800k in the bank 3 months after the application for the extension last year, and that you never went below 400k until 2 months prior to next application (this year). There's been many posts about this,even if it shouldn't be needed before March 1. 

OK Thanks for that. I went today and they gave me this (attached) when I enquired. What you explained makes far more sense, and let us hope they implement it soon. 

IMG_20200228_132846.jpg

3 hours ago, oneton said:

In March 2019 the requirement to retain 800k for 3 months and 400k for 7 months more was introduced. It seems to be a consensus that immigration will start checking this when a person does his/her next extension, namely from March 2020. We shall have wait to see for sure. 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

What do you mean w/o showing anything?

He is referring to people who did not return to Jomtien Immigration to show their bank book 90 days after receiving a 1 year 800k retirement extension.

"W/o showing anything" = w/o showing bank book after 90 days

49 minutes ago, SEtonal said:

He is referring to people who did not return to Jomtien Immigration to show their bank book 90 days after receiving a 1 year 800k retirement extension.

"W/o showing anything" = w/o showing bank book after 90 days

He wrote 90 days report online. The 90 days report has nothing to do with the so called "90 days check", which is about the 800k. Nothing will happen if you don't show the money, because 1 year later you'll have to come up with a 1 year bank statement which will show what immigration wants to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to jomtien immigration yesterday even though i didn't get a letter in December when i extended my visa. They did take all my papers, asked for a missing copy from the bankbook statement,  stapled it together and put it on a pile. Didn't get any receipt just a thank you. Not sure what would happen if you don't report, i am guessing absolutely nothing.

Thai red tape , more paper in a warehouse somewhere that no one will ever look at again. 

Edited by WhatsNext

On 2/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, oneton said:

OK Thanks for that. I went today and they gave me this (attached) when I enquired. What you explained makes far more sense, and let us hope they implement it soon. 

IMG_20200228_132846.jpg

This form says nothing about a letter from the bank, as is required when the 1 year extension application is made.

Can anyone who has done it recently confirm whether a bank letter is needed or not.

Thanks

On 3/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

This form says nothing about a letter from the bank, as is required when the 1 year extension application is made.

Can anyone who has done it recently confirm whether a bank letter is needed or not.

Thanks

Bump

I have to go do this next week.

On 3/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

Thanks

No bank letter is needed for the "90 days check" at Jomtien Immigration.