BANGKOK
ftpjtm

Chevrolet Captiva Alternative

The wife and I signed a sales agreement on a new generation Captiva last week. Fortunately we hadn't finalized the purchase before learning that Chevrolet is exiting Thailand, as well as all other right hand drive markets. We have no interest in being the last persons in Thailand to purchase one, so canceled the order today.

So now we have to choose an alternative. We liked the Captiva because the top model with all bells and whistles was about 1.1M and it had 3 rows of useful seating. The wife likes to sit high, so is not crazy about mini van type vehicles and the Captiva had a full size SUV feel. 

Any suggestions of vehicles meeting the same criteria in at the same price?

you could always uplift, and head west to Myanmar! 

- more than likely be able to adapt to life with a Left Hand Drive model?

Aren't "Chevys", found in Thailand, are Isuzus. 

https://www.isuzu-tis.com

Edited by Curt1591

4 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

Most "Chevys" found in Thailand, are Isuzus. 

https://www.isuzu-tis.com

But not the new Captiva, it's based on an SIAC vehicle (and the previous generation was Daewoo based). 

Does anyone know if Isuzu is selling something similar? From what I see on the Isuzu website, all are similar to the Colorado pick up and Trailblazer SUV, none similar to the Captiva.

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

But not the new Captiva, it's based on an SIAC vehicle (and the previous generation was Daewoo based). 

Does anyone know if Isuzu is selling something similar? From what I see on the Isuzu website, all are similar to the Colorado pick up and Trailblazer SUV, none similar to the Captiva.

Honda and Toyota sell similar, and I reckon far more reliable than any Chevy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Honda and Toyota sell similar, and I reckon far more reliable than any Chevy...

Which models?

From what I can see the only 3 row Honda is the CRV and the price is substantially higher.

And the only 3 row Toyotas are the Innova and Fortuner, with the Innova similarly priced but a smallish van and the Fortuner much higher in price.

Edited by ftpjtm

2 minutes ago, ftpjtm said:

Which models?

From what I can see the only 3 row Honda is the CRV and the price is substantially higher.

And the only 3 row Toyotas are the Innova and Fortuner, with the Innova similarly priced but a smallish van and the Fortuner much higher in price.

The CRV is my choice, but they have the BRV 7 seat. Toyota has the Avanza with 3 rows. Even Suzuki do a 3 row, though very small...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, transam said:

The CRV is my choice, but they have the BRV 7 seat. Toyota has the Avanza with 3 rows. Even Suzuki do a 3 row, though very small...

And Mitsubishi have the Expander, which is similar to the BRV (same class). Both are cheaper than the Captiva.

The Captiva is kind of in a price class of it's own between small and normal size SUVs. The closest other SUV in price is probably the Honda Hrv.

Edited by Sophon

37 minutes ago, transam said:

Is the CRV available with 7 seats?

1 hour ago, ftpjtm said:

Is the CRV available with 7 seats?

Yes.

1579856226_4.jpg

• Like 1

New Captiva LS turbo featured on Thai TV usual retail 990,000 going for 500,000 baht. Another Chevy but I could not make out the model. Normal retail 1.4 million reduced to 900,000

• Like 1

I paid 1.7 MM for my diesel captiva top of the line about 8 years ago... been a good car... what I liked was that it was SUV size but you entered like a car and the ride was soft like a car... 

the only thing I found similar as to entering like a car and not having to climb in, was the Honda CRV... good luck,.