Late payment of UK military Pension.

Hi all, my, albeit small, UK Army pension was paid on the 17th of last month, Jan 2020, that means it was due payment yesterday or today, as yet I have had no notification from my Thai bank that it has arrived. I just wondered if any other UK vets were experiencing delays, maybe due to the bad weather over the weekend in UK, flooding, power cuts and no one able to get in to the office to press the authorise button ???? 

No panic, just curious. TIA.

I did check on various forums but no hits on this subject. I thank you. 

2 hours ago, treetops said:

17th of last month was a Friday so the pension may have been due on the 18th or 19th and was paid early as the due date was at the weekend.  I wouldn't worry until tomorrow at least.

Just checked back to December and 17th was a Tuesday, not overly concerned, I'll leave it a while and see what happens, my concern is snail mail from the UK and that they don't always take that into consideration before stopping payment, thanks for your reply though ????

My military pension is due on the 13th of each month, then allow 3 working days to reach my Thai bank. So, as the 13th Feb was a Thursday, I was expecting the money on Monday (this is the usual time frame), however, this month it arrived a day late, no problems, but it does not stop the mind wondering "what if......"?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, planemad said:

My military pension is due on the 13th of each month, then allow 3 working days to reach my Thai bank. So, as the 13th Feb was a Thursday, I was expecting the money on Monday (this is the usual time frame), however, this month it arrived a day late, no problems, but it does not stop the mind wondering "what if......"?

Thanks for the reply, just had notification from my bank that it was paid in this morning, as was my state pension - about a week early ???? and as you rightly say it doesn't stop the mind wandering and thinking " what if......? "