Cabinet pours cold water on Songkran holiday extension proposal

snoop1130

13 hours ago, johng said:

Me too  must be contagious new  virus strain maybe ????

It's called the 'Immune.to.bull.shhiitticus' virus and went pandemic from the Army in 2014! ????????????????????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN
Spelling
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Worst holiday ever! Songkran sucks. The thais are insufferable with the water play, and farang are worst. It's just an excuse for thais to assault farang and get away with it.

Right. Getting filthy water mixed with talcum power in your eyes is a fun holiday. Just a little water play. Oh, and retards will be throwing water on moving vehickes and motorbikes. Just a SH!T time to be in Thailand. 

Literally nothing cultural left in this crapholiday.

You are the life of every party, I assume?!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

Worst holiday ever! Songkran sucks. The thais are insufferable with the water play, and farang are worst. It's just an excuse for thais to assault farang and get away with it.

Right. Getting filthy water mixed with talcum power in your eyes is a fun holiday. Just a little water play. Oh, and retards will be throwing water on moving vehickes and motorbikes. Just a SH!T time to be in Thailand. 

Literally nothing cultural left in this crapholiday.

Only if you live in a farang ghetto. I guess 90% of foreigners have never experienced traditional Songkran.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaDavid said:

If we don’t get any serious rain before Songkran, what’s the betting it either gets cancelled or severe water restrictions placed on it. Definitely no chance of an extension

Songkran will never be cancelled. The water fights maybe, but Songkran....never. Songkran has been around a lot longer than the handful of whining westerners have.

Hey let's cancel Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day too. I'm sure the new foreigners in Europe would totally support that.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Hey let's cancel Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's Day too. I'm sure the new foreigners in Europe would totally support that.

Forgive them ????

They have no idea how ridiculous their "suggestions" are, same as those who blather on about waste of water! where do they think it goes to, it all stays on planet earth! ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Great news. I will be away for the whole time. 

I tend to hibernate through this period, I hate it - do a quick trip to the temple and thats it.... People these days are filling the pistols with all sorts from feacal matter and urine to name but a few, plus pickpockets a plenty. Addionally drink driving increasing to mid blowing levels so my bike is locked away - its a free for all with so many hit and runs -- enjoy at your peril and take care as your life literally depends on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marko kok prong said:

I too have had no water for 2 weeks,i live out of town about qne and a half k,in town they get some water in morning and evening,it is feb 19,march and april,may the hotest months to come,never in 8 years have seen water situation so bad,have to get mine trucked in,

Sounds terrible.

So much for the country life aee..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Sometimes a flash of lucidity ...:whistling:

He's only worried about the backlash If he went ahead with this concerning the Corona virus. there is method in his Madness

Edited by ScotBkk

Extending Songkran is a boy scout idea to solve a serious problem. Are there any competent government officials or policy-makers?

How about some common sense, non-nationalistic economic policies like reducing input tariffs and barriers so that there is more price competition, and prices are not artificially stupidly high on many goods?

Edited by Ketyo

Yes  it is exciting watching Thais get <deleted> out of their minds and throwing water about  2 days would of been enough  Half the idiots throwing water dont even know what songran means but its a great excuse not to go to work. We all know how much thais love going to work dont we?