U.S. Passport Renewal U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Hi there so it is that time again to renew my passport.  I read the online instructions and decided to mail in my passport for renewal on February 4th. 

On February 6th I checked DHL tracking and the embassy got the passport and signed for it. 

I live in Udon Thani wondering when I can expect to receive it back?

I was reading online from some people stating I should receive a email when they mail the passport back. 

Anyway going to give it a few more days then might call the Embassy to check. How long did it take to receive your passport back guys???

Nine (9) calendar days for me recently. I applied in person so your time might be closer to ~ 12 days? Applying in person means you have the EMS receipt and can track the package. Seems like it should show up today, or tomorrow? 

email notifying me of shipment sent a few days after I received my passport.

Remember to fish out the letter for Thai Immigration. Subsequent stamp transfer went fine; two pages used for three new stamps. Multi re-entry permit NOT transferred, told to carry "old" passport.

No clue if Monday's holiday added a day to your process?

Passport card came in 18 days.

Edited by mtls2005

You paid 100 baht for return EMS.

Only the Embassy staff know the EMS tracking number. If it wasn't included in the email then maybe try following up with them?

For those who apply in person, we buy the EMS service from the ThaiPost kiosk within the U.S. Consular Services portico, so we have the tracking details.

Based on the details you should get your passport delivered on Monday or Tuesday?