Tourist visa in 2020

Hi ,

I have been visiting Thailand since few years.  ( last year i went 4 times with american passport)  and on 4th time i was stopped by immigration office asking me to come next time with tourist visa .  

So this time I prepare to travel with a tourist visa  - and while going thru this visa process I run into few question .  appreciate your help on this -

1-I have booked the onward ticket to thailand .  but I dont have a return ticket as normally around end of 2 months I travel to a diferent country and  the tickets are generally much cheaper to buy when in thailand . 

2-on visa application ther is a local guaranteer name/details - Do I need to provide this as I may find any convenient homestay once i am in thiland.

3-hotel ticket - i have not booked it .  Is this mandatory.

4-invitation  -   I do not have any invitation even though I travel many times to thailand .

by the way so far only these are the issues that i come across but please advise me on any other that I need to be aware of .

Thank you all.

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

1. A return flight is not needed, but you may need an onward flight booking out of Thailand. This requirement depends on the individual consulate, but is needed more often than not.

2. The local guarantor is not needed for a tourist visa. Just leave this blank.

3. A hotel booking may or may not be compulsory. Again, this depends on the consulate. If needed, it is pretty easy to make an online booking that allows free cancellation later.

4. Invitation is not needed for a tourist visa.

Some consulates may want to see a bank statement.

If you state where you plan to apply, we may be able to give firmer advice.

my nearest thai consulate is  Los Angeles ,Ca  so I am planning to apply from LA .

4 hours ago, roaming2019 said:

my nearest thai consulate is  Los Angeles ,Ca  so I am planning to apply from LA .

I assume you have looked at the requirements here. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/tourist-visa-category-tr-single/

You will need a ticket out of the country and proof of at least $700 dollars in a bank account.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you have looked at the requirements here. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/tourist-visa-category-tr-single/

You will need a ticket out of the country and proof of at least $700 dollars in a bank account.

One-way out-of-country 'throw-away' tickets can be bought on-line for as cheap as approx 1.000 THB (e.g. HuaHin - Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok DonMuang - Saigon). 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Why would booking an onward flight be done more cheaply here in Thailand. Aren't most flights booked online nowadays, so it wouldn't really matter where you are located when you book it. 

Who are you quoting? Yes of course my guess 90% of bookings are made online. Esp for short onward flight. 

A return ticket cost will not be much more than two single tickets. If you’re not sure of your return date, buy a ticket that allow change of date. Usually change costs about 150$
Also, these days, most airline companies won’t let you embark without a return ticket, or a ticket out of Thailand to a neighbor country. Buy online tickets as cheap as 35/40 $.