BANGKOK
webfact

Thai govt eyes more investment from European investors

7 minutes ago, saengd said:

The reason large successful companies tend to invest in Thailand is because they know it will be profitable. They also know that any change of heart or direction on the investing front by government is highly unlikely because it would immediately kill stone dead the chance that other companies would invest here. As a result government is keen to make sure those companies are treated well, it's basic business 101.

And whilst most foreign companies (American companies are not) who invest in Thailand are required to have  a majority of Thai Directors,  that majority does not extend to a corresponding share of profit, obviously. I realize this small fact however erases your major reason for not investing here but alas, that's the reality of the matter, as with all JV's the local partner is rewarded for their participation although not to the point where it makes doing business in the first place, unprofitable.

What do you I suggest I invest in? I hear mining is very profitable..........for some. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Considering that he has managed to destroy or screw up everything else, it is highly unlikely this new idea will succeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Inflation in Thailand has averaged 0.5% per year for the past five years,

I would be curious to know how to calculate it;
What I do know is that the prices of many necessities have taken a big leap forward and are now much more expensive in 2020 than in 2015;
when suppliers increase by 1 baht a product which was worth only 12 baht, or by 3 to 4 baht another product which was worth 50 baht, the percentage of inflation is not equal to 0.5% but to much more .

Once again confusion in the use of the calculator? :annoyed:

• Like 2