Thai govt eyes more investment from European investors

webfact

4 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Unfortunately when you know little about either case, erroneous conclusions are almost guaranteed.

International investors on the other hand will be looking for profitable investments. Not years or decades of litigation the result of outright seizure of assets & broken contracts. As such it will be an uphill battle to convince them to invest.

Really?

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/number-of-foreign-companies-investing-in-thailand-up-over-100

I especially like this one: https://www.boi.go.th/index.php?page=thailand_rankings

And here's the tally for January: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30381368

8 minutes ago, saengd said:

Quote from the above:

"Foreign investment in Thailand has grown by 106% according to the National News Bureau of Thailand."

Do you sense some abnormality?

Thailand also has 40 million tourists and 30 something cases of corona virus, and no prostitution in Pattaya.

I won't even go into the other magic BOT link of yours.

Edited by lkv
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am a small investor. I lived in Thailand for several years. I know nothing about company’s investing in Thailand. But after living there I would never invest 1 penny of my money in a company that invests heavily in Thailand. 

5 hours ago, lkv said:

Quote from the above:

"Foreign investment in Thailand has grown by 106% according to the National News Bureau of Thailand."

Do you sense some abnormality?

Thailand also has 40 million tourists and 30 something cases of corona virus, and no prostitution in Pattaya.

I won't even go into the other magic BOT link of yours.

It was a BOI link, not BOT, but never mind!

So let me see, if you wont accept evidence from the newspaper, the news bureau or the Bank of Investment, I'm guessing you wouldn't accept evidence from any source, it seems as though your mind is made up without reading any evidence from any source that contradicts your view, okaydokay, gotit.

Despite the strength of the baht has anyone noticed a reduction in imported food products?

How's this for sharp practice, a pack of six tonic waters retails at the equivalent of 14 baht a can.  TOPS open each pack and only sell them separately at 16 baht a can (up 1 baht in the last month.)

Inflation figure 0.5%, I can't, won't argue with. As some have posted uses around 450? items/prices?

All I would say is tell that to the average housewife who complains about the weekly shopping costing more on a monthly basis.

Explaining to her that energy and raw material costs are taken into consideration when gov's work out the inflation figures show only a very small increase won't go down too well with her.

Two inflation figures might be a good idea.

Monthly % on an average domestic shopping basket.

Monthly % using the 450? items used by the gov'.

23 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Inflation figure 0.5%, I can't, won't argue with. As some have posted uses around 450? items/prices?

All I would say is tell that to the average housewife who complains about the weekly shopping costing more on a monthly basis.

Explaining to her that energy and raw material costs are taken into consideration when gov's work out the inflation figures show only a very small increase won't go down too well with her.

Two inflation figures might be a good idea.

Monthly % on an average domestic shopping basket.

Monthly % using the 450? items used by the gov'.

This has what you need, it even lists the contents of the basket:

http://www.price.moc.go.th/price/fileuploader/file_cpi/Cpig062560_TG_e.pdf

Sorry, I haven't looked for 2018 or 2019 but it shouldn't be that hard to find.