Laguana Beach 3 Maldives - Broadband Connection

CartagenaWarlock

I live in Bangkok but planning to buy a one bedroom condo in Pattaya to relax with my GF during week-ends. I looked around and found Laguana Bech Resort III Maldives have a decent size one-bed room for 1.5 mil. I deposited the purchase agreement fees (20K). While walking out of the show room, I realized the they have wifi boosters in all the hallways. I asked about getting my own broadband from 3BB, True, or TMN (what ever is available). The customer service girl assured me I could get 3BB she also said that the wifi is free. I need my own router with at least 50/20 speed as I use a secured VPN to connect to Amazon cloud to run simulations that are proprietary and  can't be accessed with out an approved VPN service. 

Now my dilemma before I send the contact deposit (close 300K) is if at all possible I could install m y own internet in the room. Is somebody living in Laguana Beach III - Maldives condo can confirm that for me. If not, what is the speed of their free WIFI?

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

32 minutes ago, Havefunme said:

The free wifi sucks I put 3BB in my room works really good the thing is they charge you 2000 to install and all they did was plug the router in the phone line something I could have done myself.

Great thanks. It is a relief as I like the condo for week-end gateaway. Do they have phone line in the condo? I did not see during the inspection of the room. Is it ADSL? If so, what is the speed? Is it possible you can send me a pic of your installation in your room (as a PM). I want to go the 3BB office and talk to them. When I called, they say they don't provide in Laguana Beach 3 Maldives. 

5 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Most condos cheap out on internet connection, so you are most likely only able to get VDSL (50/20) from the one provider which is servicing the condo. Just call the condo and ask which provider this is.

I know/ 50/20 is fine for me. They said 3BB but I don't understand why when I called 3BB to confirm, they said they don't provide connections in Laguana Beach 3 Maldives. That bothers me. 

T

On 2/19/2020 at 7:26 AM, i84teen said:

Rent a room for a few months and try it out before committing.

Most units are sold. Not sure I could wait for a few months. A similar condo (Grand Solaire) is being built on Thepra road but it will be completed in 2022 December). The agent assigned to me went to the 3BB office with me and 3BB confirmed in writing they can install VDSL 50/20 as mentioned by @Havefunme

I still don't understand why 3BB said they could not when I contacted them over the phone. Now the agent has upper hand (haha) and she says "many things you cannot do in Thailand but I could do. If you have problem, let me know"

She says I could buy the condo in my name or company name and she will form a company for an additional 50K to buy the condo. What is the advantage of buying a condo in my name vis-a-vis company name. She said if I have a company, in the future and I want to do a business, it will be easy for me. Any inputs?

Also I asked her if I can buy the condo in my newly born baby's name (my 19-year GF is due next week). She says she will find out and let me know. 

Why do you have to buy from this development (it's not in a good location anyway). Look for another condo where you know you can get 3BB fibre. IMO a good internet connection is vital for anyone staying in Thailand.

Edited by Henryford

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

Why do you have to buy from this development (it's not in a good location anyway). Look for another condo where you know you can get 3BB fibre. IMO a good internet connection is vital for anyone staying in Thailand.

This will be for my week-end gateaway. I live in Q-condo Sukumvit, Bangkok. Looked around in Pattaya, did not see anything like this. another one like this (Grand Solaire) is coming up in 2013. Can you give some suggestions? An internet connection with 50/20 is sufficient for me.  Can you suggest another condo where I can get 3BB fibre?

On 2/19/2020 at 8:51 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

Great thanks. It is a relief as I like the condo for week-end gateaway. Do they have phone line in the condo? I did not see during the inspection of the room. Is it ADSL? If so, what is the speed? Is it possible you can send me a pic of your installation in your room (as a PM). I want to go the 3BB office and talk to them. When I called, they say they don't provide in Laguana Beach 3 Maldives. 

15825340412185835524403035397312.jpg

I went to 3BB in big C extra in pattaya paid the whole year and got 8% off . There is a phone Jack in wall in my room its behind the bed as you can see in pick I mounted it on the head board . They plug the router in the phone Jack and plugged in the power cord and it was ready to use.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:59 AM, CartagenaWarlock said:

This will be for my week-end gateaway. I live in Q-condo Sukumvit, Bangkok. Looked around in Pattaya, did not see anything like this. another one like this (Grand Solaire) is coming up in 2013. Can you give some suggestions? An internet connection with 50/20 is sufficient for me.  Can you suggest another condo where I can get 3BB fibre?

Q house at Nana? A bit off topic but is it worth the $1 million US starting price? 

1 hour ago, Havefunme said:

I have been living here 3 months now it's nice nice and  quiet the pools are never crowded a lot of tourists here and tourist season almost over for a get away weekend it's perfect my girlfriend found this place for me to keep me out of pattaya lol

I also liked it very much. I checked out lots of new condos in Jomtian but did not see anything like this. My agent told me they are building another like this called Grand Solaire on Theprasit road. But it will be available in 2023.

• 1 month later...