Anyone taking advantage of the big Chevy sale?

giddyup

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is that from the same link posted above? 

If not, could you post the link? I want to send it to my BiL who’s about to buy a Toyota.

No bud, this is from Facebook , see below , have contact info 

DAE36A77-BE4B-4887-B810-0207A2A45F57.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I have a 23 year old Nissan Big M pickup, about 2,000bht/year in costs.

Mostly batteries and oil, the occasional hose.

If they reduced the pickups to 450k, I'd buy one.

They've only reduced the pickups to 775,000 baht, more than I paid for my brand new Triton, and that included insurance and goodies.

31 minutes ago, giddyup said:

So after 7 years it needs maintenance? Wow!

No, all cars need constant maintenance but hers has been a money pit for the past 3 or 4 yrs...

I did advise her to sell it a few yrs ago and buy something more economical but what would I know ????

Edited by cornishcarlos
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DeeMoney said:

Trailblazer's and Colorado's interior parts can use Isuzu's. Engine parts not an issue either, it's been in assembly for a decade. The serious problem are body panels which are not interchangeable with Isuzu.

The massive discount is mostly because the finance companies will now refuse to give loans for Chevrolets, both new and old, so cash only. On other car forums a lot of users are saying you can't insure these as well due to the risk of crashed Chevrolets being written-off in most collisions due to body panels not being readily available.

In Australia GM is guaranteeing spare parts available for 10 years, what's the situation in Thailand?

29 minutes ago, giddyup said:

They've only reduced the pickups to 775,000 baht, more than I paid for my brand new Triton, and that included insurance and goodies.

Yeah they wont sell many at that price. 499,000 and I'd seriously consider one.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the punters who own a Captiva already and have now seen the resale value drop by at least 50%. The outstanding loan is now probably more than the car is worth. I remember the Nissan Juke when they were imported for 1,3 million. Then they assembled them in Thailand and sold them for under a million baht.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

I feel sorry for the punters who own a Captiva already and have now seen the resale value drop by at least 50%. The outstanding loan is now probably more than the car is worth. I remember the Nissan Juke when they were imported for 1,3 million. Then they assembled them in Thailand and sold them for under a million baht.

Were there really people silly enough to spend 1.3 mil for a Juke?

• Like 2

Just now, giddyup said:

Were there really people silly enough to spend 1.3 mil for a Juke?

The same people that pay a couple of million for a Mini.

A would place a bet that the Captivas have all been bought by the trade and they have signed a pact they will not sell them for under 750,000 baht

2 minutes ago, Toosetinmyways said:

The same people that pay a couple of million for a Mini.

A would place a bet that the Captivas have all been bought by the trade and they have signed a pact they will not sell them for under 750,000 baht

IMO a BMW Mini is a big step up from a Juke. At 750,000 the Captivas may be sitting in the dealers yards a long time. As far as the rest of the Chevy range, the reductions are a joke and only bring prices in line with other comparable brands.

31 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Read some reviews on the Chini - oops Mini

Then decide to buy one 555

Doesn't seem to be any better or worse than most brands when it comes to reliability etc. Why do you call it a Chini?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toosetinmyways said:

That's not how it works. 

Cars don't lose 50% value just because 20 cars in stock were advertised at 50% off.