Marriage visa - extension at IO?

I have a multi-entry non-Imm O for marriage, have had for many years. Usually I leave at least every 90 days and it's never a problem. But now, with everyone making such a fuss over The Virus, travelling is no fun (I understand it's more of a hassle in neighbouring countries).

Is there a means of getting a (one-off) extension at a local Immigration Office (Samut Prakan if it matters) instead? The terms of the visa stipulate leaving every 90 days but can this be overridden?

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

That depends on the immigration office. Why not apply for a 1 year extension? It only cost 1900 Baht/year. 

Because I usually do travel more than every 3 months and because I do not wish to go through the income/savings proving routine and all the other hoops indicated by brianthainess .

I'll stop by the IO tomorrow with the family and just ask if they can do something just this once.

16 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

I'll stop by the IO tomorrow with the family and just ask if they can do something just this once.

Take you marriage certificate and a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.of it with you. 

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

A 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form and 1900 baht for the 60 day extension.

Thanks Joe! I've been 'doing visas' for so long this feels really weird, never having tried obtaining an extension before. But I do know enough to bring the full bag of tricks, and the office is only ten minutes from home.

Sudden fly in the ointment though as wife has had to go north to minister to sick mum. I'll give it a try anyway.........

Edited by spinner2020

I have just arrived back in Khon Kaen from doing my border run to Nong Khai and there was no drama with the virus checking. nothing done on exit from Nong Khai at arrival at Vientiane 2 women with digital thermometers pointed at forehead, nothing on exit from Vientiane and now must walk through a tarp tunnel on the arrival at Nong Khai. No delays nothing, no difference if you do your border run through Nong Khai-Vientiane