BANGKOK
rech

NO CARPORT! Townhomes (townhouses in villages used as home) and many houses, reason why these village look like dump

hello, looking at new project of townhomes / townhouses and houses, i see that most of them are sold without carports.

Is the only reason that greedy construction companies want to save 20000 ?

A great decision, because then 99.99% Thai who have no style and no idea about what is nice will all build different carports, most of them looking like cheap $h!t.

Then no wonder why all these villages all look like dump as soon as Thai live in them.

Can you tell me if it is usual to be allowed to build anything you want on your house in villages ? No rules exist that people have to follow (for example a list of allowed carports...) ? Or a list of color allowed to repaint your house ?

So it means that we can be sure that a perfectly nice village before people live there will soon look like a dump as soon as owner use their right to build or renovate anything on their house ?

I just need your opinion and confirmation that it's impossible to expect that a new clean village will still look food over the years.

Image result for townhome pattaya

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Every house in the village where I live (bungalows rather than town houses) has a car port capable of accommodating a Ford Ranger, and yet most people just dump their cars on the street. This makes it difficult for people who actually do want to park on their property to do so as all the parked cars limit your turning circle to get into or out of your driveway. It's also a safety hazard as with cars parked on both sides of the narrow streets there's often not enough space for an ambulance to pass. If you need to get to hospital quick in the middle of the night the delay caused by trying to wake people up to move their vehicles can be the difference between life and death. I've tried explaining this to people but they all seem to think I'm mad. And yes, with all those cars parked out on the streets at all angles the place does often look like a rubbish dump.

• Like 2

If a townhouse is on a road with passing traffic then it’s more likely to be turned into a small soup restaurant, a chemist, a 20 baht shop or a mc repair shop etc etc.

In a moobahn of any size there is also the likelihood it will be turned into a mom and pop shop , a covered area for eating or even a carport !!

But of all of the above you can guarantee that no two will look the same and whether they are nice looking “ carports “ or some obscure tarpaulin thrown over some rusty poles is purely luck of the draw.

In a townhouse near me they got a company in to make a steel frame carport but then extended it up to make a room above accessible from the upper story sliding doors, instead of putting walls on it they used transparent plastic and filled it with plants,  so now they have an elevated greenhouse which at nighttime, with the lights on , is quite funny as they can be clearly seen sitting and drinking surrounded by their flowers oblivious that they are like fish in a bowl !! 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/19/2020 at 12:09 PM, GrahamJ said:

No covenant

no come back....once again let the buyer beware

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

instead of putting walls on it they used transparent plastic and filled it with plants,  so now they have an elevated greenhouse

In Europe they call it a wintergarden. Such things werde very popular a couple of years back.

Are you paying Homeowner Fees ??? Probably Not, so they do what they want