Latest requirements to renew "retirement visa"

I'm searching in the forums for the latest updates but I get confusing messages. Please help me if you have recently renewed (extended) your 1-year visa in Bangkok (near old airport) on the 800k, over 50 year old requirement. I initially got a 90-day month visa in Laos then renewed it for another 9 months in Bangkok, and since then renewed it every 12 months. The stamp in my passport shows it is a Non-IMM visa, but does not show if its an O or O-A visa. I assume its a Non IMM O-A Visa.

Q1: For the Health Insurance I'm not clear. Do I need Health Insurance to extend my stay for another 12 months?

Q2: From what I read, the TM30 reporting is not required. Correct?

Q3: For the 800k proof: Letter from my bank and actual bankbook and copy of bankbook (and minutes before I enter the immigration door do a small cash withdrawal or deposit (get transaction slip) at the ATM...

Q4: In the event that I am sent home because I missed something - how long before my visa expires can I go to renew? The more days before expiry the better. It is 1 week?

Any other recent charges in docs I need to prepare?

Thanks very much! 

Reading between the lines it seems you started with an O visa not OA. That is good news because that means no health insurance requirement. 

OA visas are only available from your home country or for the pendants in some cases from other countries where you have permanent residence. 

OP, you obtained non o some time ago.

No insurance required.

All your other points are correct.

You attend CW imm office. 

You can apply for extension up to 45 days prior to expiry of your current stay. I always go month before expiry.

As for bank letter I suggest you obtain it at bank located in CW on day of application the bank clerk will also accept your 100baht deposit so letter reflects bankbook balance.

I was not asked for tm30 for my extension. Have spoken with others and they also had no tm30.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Reading between the lines it seems you started with an O visa not OA. That is good news because that means no health insurance requirement. 

OA visas are only available from your home country or for the pendants in some cases from other countries where you have permanent residence. 

I got my colourful visa glued into my passport in Vientiane, and yes that was an O visa valid for 90 days. Before expiry, I renewed it in BKK for another 9 months (complying with the 800k), and since then I apply for a 12 month extension in BKK. So you are right - I got in on an O-visa, so that's good news - no health insurance requirement (at least for now)

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

check ur dates,  if you got an extension on ur original 3 month non o visa you got a 1 year extension, never heard of a 9 month extension.

Certainly was 9 months extension on the initial 3 months visa, then after that was 12 months each time. I'm 100% sure. So now you have heard of it from a very reliable source :))

1 hour ago, webcrawler00 said:

Certainly was 9 months extension on the initial 3 months visa, then after that was 12 months each time. I'm 100% sure. So now you have heard of it from a very reliable source :))

Pardon me but ur the first i have ever heard of to ever get a 9 month extension

and as u didn't even know if u had an O or an O-A visa

i don't take u as a reliable source   LoL

2 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

Is it possible you only had 9 months to run on your passport ?

6 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

Q3: For the 800k proof: Letter from my bank and actual bankbook and copy of bankbook (and minutes before I enter the immigration door do a small cash withdrawal or deposit (get transaction slip) at the ATM...

which bank?  bangkok bank does NOT require a transaction.  bank opens at 8:30.  nice lady at the counter will update your passbook and prepare your bank guarantee letter for a 100 baht fee.

after that, head further into the basement zone to get copies of your updated passbook, and a copy of the guarantee letter for your files, before you head back upstairs.

after you get your extension, get a number for the re-entry visa desk.  then head back down to the copy center.  you'll need a copy of the new extension page in your passport to go along with the application form and other passport pages you needed for the extension.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

not to be pendantic, but yeah, you can also get an O-A from an embassy or consulate in a third country where you have a long-stay type visa, like a work visa, where you are granted a residency permit.

the consulate in nanning, china offered me both a type O and a type O-A in china.  it was much easier to get a visa waiver, then apply for the O at CW.

On reading all the paperwork, photocopies required for a simple renewal....and then the authorities are suprised people do not want to come to Thailand, foreign visitors number drop...

.....like it or not, the retirees who live in Thailand are an influential group and do have a part to play in the picture. Why would retirees want for instance their friends or family to come over to visit,  if half the time is spent in pleasing the whimes of the immigration forms for declaring visitors etc. etc etc.

this is not going to be relevant to you. Nevertheless, I renewed/extended my visa last week. In addition to what you list, I was asked for proof of residence, meaning a copy of my lease, the landlady's tambien baan and ID card, plus photos inside and outside (showing the house address) with the landlady. Also I was asked for a certified copy of the past 12 months of my savings account AND a photocopy of the passbooks AND he wanted to look through 12 months of my actual passbooks (there were 3 covering the previous 12 months). This was NST. In Kho Samui - you need a full medical cert from a Thai Govt (i.e. 'public') hospital.

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

On reading all the paperwork, photocopies required for a simple renewal....and then the authorities are suprised people do not want to come to Thailand, foreign visitors number drop...

.....like it or not, the retirees who live in Thailand are an influential group and do have a part to play in the picture. Why would retirees want for instance their friends or family to come over to visit,  if half the time is spent in pleasing the whimes of the immigration forms for declaring visitors etc. etc etc.

met a Brit yesterday.  A couple of friends wanted to visit Thailand for a 3 month stay. When they heard what they were required to provide, their reaction was 'screw this, we'll go somewhere we're wanted'.

1 minute ago, paddypower said:

met a Brit yesterday.  A couple of friends wanted to visit Thailand for a 3 month stay. When they heard what they were required to provide, their reaction was 'screw this, we'll go somewhere we're wanted'.

Sorry for your friends.

Nobody seems to care for services in Thailand, from the authorities to real estate dealers. Once they get your money, it's bug off !!...Pity as keeping good relationship brings in more money from the regulars. But it needs some clarity of thought to apply...

Not sure if my comment is relevant. This year will be my 25th extension application, original non-B visa, and I have always had to submit copies of each page in the passbooks regarding the 800K (originally on marriage but changed to retirement later). I notice that no one mentions that here...or is it taken as read?

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

PM-ed you a comprehensive Roadmap outlining all details/options to apply for or convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

thank you so much

23 hours ago, webcrawler00 said:

There are no 9 months extensions. Check your passport. 

3 hours ago, rosk said:

Hi Peter, would you be so nice and send me that roadmap to, ? I have to convert to, this insurance <deleted> is  nearly impossible to get right...

Best regards

Ronald

Hi Ronald,

As requested I PM-ed you the Roadmap outlining all details/options to apply for or convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when checked in to the Forum.

I did my extension yesterday. There were new requirements that I was aware of and prepared for. The I/O now requires a 12 month bank statement that I got the same morning as the letter. This is to ensure that the 800K in the bank is not spent. Fortunately I ensure I have in excess of 1 million baht all the time. The I/O scrutinized the bank statement very carefully indeed and made all sorts of notations on it. The statement is a new requirement.

I understand from previous posts on TV that some banks require notice of several days before issuing a statement....I merely had to hand over 200 baht and sign 57 forms and copies and they were willing to do it there and then. (I wonder what the Thais do with all the paper copies they take.....I swear I must have a million signed copies of my passport in the immigration and bank offices).

TM30 is now required. In the past this hasn't been required. I had never filed one despite being out of Thailand several times and away from home in Thailand many times. The I/O's computer told her all the details of my trips through airports and hotels I stayed in. She wanted to assess a fine, but my wife pleaded ignorance. The I/O said that it is the responsibility of my wife, not me, to file, and given her ignorance of the new requirements we need not pay. She (my wife) was warned to file a TM30 within 24 hours every time I came back from a trip outside the country.

7 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

TM30 is now required. In the past this hasn't been required. I had never filed one despite being out of Thailand several times and away from home in Thailand many times. The I/O's computer told her all the details of my trips through airports and hotels I stayed in. She wanted to assess a fine, but my wife pleaded ignorance. The I/O said that it is the responsibility of my wife, not me, to file, and given her ignorance of the new requirements we need not pay. She (my wife) was warned to file a TM30 within 24 hours every time I came back from a trip outside the country.

Hi Pedrogaz,

What is the IO where you applied for your 1-year extension of stay?

At CW it is not required anymore as confirmed by many posts on the Forum.

I also PM-ed you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and file the required TM30s on-line.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Ronald,

As requested I PM-ed you the Roadmap outlining all details/options to apply for or convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when checked in to the Forum.

Thanks a lot, that's a good help!-))

On 2/19/2020 at 3:25 PM, phuketrichard said:

Pardon me but ur the first i have ever heard of to ever get a 9 month extension

and as u didn't even know if u had an O or an O-A visa

i don't take u as a reliable source   LoL

I got in on a 90 days OA visa and got it extended by 9 month to make  my permission to stay 1 year altogether.

Same as you get in visa exempt. You obtain 90 days first.

Archived