BANGKOK
clarky cat

Waiting in the office with no classes

Why is this done?

Told to wait until 4-5pm with nothing to do, whilst Thai teachers go home early, yet they make a fuss if their spy informs them you've left early

What's the logic behind this? especially end of term when students have already finished and there is no work to do.

11 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

I think it’s called racism 

I think it's called "Us against them" which may,or may not be, racism.

Either way I would never be employed by a Thai as their top down approach generally is..

"If I look down I see smiling heads and If I look up I see only rectums.."

Which is about the only thing you really need to know about Thai culture.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you're desperate for the job you obey, if you're not you go home, and let them do what they want.

I've never been a good employee, never wanted the job that much.

I've had IT-jobs where all the talented guys had to sit in a library , their suitcases on the desks and their head in the open suitcase while they all were asleep. We had to wait there untill the IT-company could place us (we were consultants) at a customer, for months in row.

When i asked if i could go home because i didn't want to spend my days like that and would rather study at home they sacked me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

When i asked if i could go home because i didn't want to spend my days like that and would rather study at home they sacked me. 

Rightfully so.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

Rightfully so.

So you think it's good to let the most talented newly graduated IT-professionals do nothing all day long ? 

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

So you think it's good to let the most talented newly graduated IT-professionals do nothing all day long ? 

Are you employed in the IT field, or teaching IT, or teaching English, or?

What might be part of the picture is a previous of a farang(s) who proved unreliable, had poor attendance / time keeping and therefore mpoloyer has concerns about all farang on these points. 

I'm guessing other employers have had bad experiences like this, I certainly did. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

What might be part of the picture is a previous of a farang(s) who proved unreliable, had poor attendance / time keeping and therefore mpoloyer has concerns about all farang on these points. 

I'm guessing other employers have had bad experiences like this, I certainly did. 

Strange stuff...