Anutin hits back at critics on video call

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, MikeyScars said:

"But as it's not that serious for people who are not already ill, why all the fuss?"

Because people can catch the virus and possibly infect their loved ones, and no vaccine to cure the virus.

The flu vaccine has limited effectiveness, and flu is much more common than this virus, but nobody cares.

The huge economic impact of this massive over-reaction to a bad cold will be the stuff of studies for years to come.

You can't hold back the tide, so why damage people's livelihoods or confine them on cruise ships whilst pretending to try?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You often slip out of character when using perfect English, along with arcane slang (fly off the handle) and fairly complex terms (false narrative), all while wrapping it up in faux Thinglish. Very curious. In the past these sorts of "characters" have not fared well on TV; you're not the first.

My concern is not necessarily for Anutin's behavior/character, it is for his ability to lead a Ministry effectively during multiple crises, while possessing ZERO experience/education in Public Health.

+1   Well put.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Don't make Yinn cry, the rabbit is a pet in Thailand;
I think it’s the only animal they don’t eat :giggle:

What, I eat rabbit once a week, Hasenpfeffer (a traditional German stew made from marinated rabbit or hare, cut into stewing-meat sized pieces and braised with onions and a marinade made from wine and vinegar.) Wait, I am just a Foreigner living here......

17 hours ago, YetAnother said:

another example of the main infection in thailand, the wrong people, unmerited, in the wrong jobs, this 'minister of health' doesn't even have a health background; bet he still cashes his bloated salary checks while publicly showing his foolishness

Ministers anywhere rarely have experience in the field they are in charge of. For example, the recent Chancellor in the UK, Sajid Javid, wasn't an economist, and the health minister has no medical experience.

The difference between countries like the UK and Thailand is that in the UK the Minister has staff and advisers, civil servants, who do know what needs to be known and they pass that knowledge on. Good luck in Thailand getting a Minister to listen to and take advice from his 'inferiors'.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

here  you go - posted earlier up in the thread. Tellingly the link has now disappeared from the front page I had to search my old posts to find it again !

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-health-chief-explains-vague-virus-updates-74878.php

PHUKET: The Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) Chief has defended the lack of information made available at the mandatory daily coronavirus situation updates, saying Phuket officials are under orders from Bangkok to restrict the information being made available to the public.

This absolutely true.

The public health system in Thailand has thousands of dedicated and ethical people working within it.

Well, once again, that does not explain why there are no whistleblowers in the public health system saying there is a coverup or that the minister is lying if that is what is going on. Officials can issue all the orders they want. But if they are lying, then among the tens of thousands of public health workers Thailand has, I believe some would come forward to say so.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ministers anywhere rarely have experience in the field they are in charge of. For example, the recent Chancellor in the UK, Sajid Javid, wasn't an economist, and the health minister has no medical experience.

The difference between countries like the UK and Thailand is that in the UK the Minister has staff and advisers, civil servants, who do know what needs to be known and they pass that knowledge on. Good luck in Thailand getting a Minister to listen to and take advice from his 'inferiors'.

Just look at Boris the UK Prime Minister ... He used to be a buffoon journalist that was put on "have I got news for you" just so people could laugh at him

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, RobertH said:

Well, once again, that does not explain why there are no whistleblowers in the public health system saying there is a coverup or that the minister is lying if that is what is going on. Officials can issue all the orders they want. But if they are lying, then among the tens of thousands of public health workers Thailand has, I believe some would come forward to say so.

And that's why transparency and openness is so important and sadly lacking in much of the public realm in Thailand. When that is absent then speculation, often based around a perception (my wife's words) they lie that allows misinformation to grow legs and run.

Prayuth last year said he would solve the PM 2.5 'crisis' in 7 days and look at where we are now. There maybe a robust and informed response going on to this behind the scenes and most of us sincerely hope so but unfortunately the scepticism and cynicism of many here is borne out and is a natural side effect when society eschews the rules of democracy , justice and the rule of law for the rule of the gun. 

Edited by URMySunshine

2 hours ago, MikeyScars said:

Because people can catch the virus and possibly infect their loved ones, and no vaccine to cure the virus.

Something that many forget. You being a picture of health may go through it without a hitch, but the granny visiting you will catch it and change domain. Don't be a carrier.

16 hours ago, moe666 said:

Do you have some proof of a cover up and that the numbers have sky rocketed, if you have info no one else have put it out there. If there was a huge number of sick people it would be all over social media. Stop fear mongering

Explain why the governor of Phuket was told not to report cases of corona virus from Bangkok....figure this little chart that put out in an order to justify their rubber figures.

corona cases 35.....what exactly do the 4 boxes doing there on that chart ? are they head colds ? 

20E6D66A-E5E2-40C0-ABD3-251CAB63033F.jpeg

50 minutes ago, DLock said:

Keep in mind you are talking about a Government that could not find a single prostitute on Walking Street, Pattaya....or any pirated software at Pantip Plaza, Bangkok...

These people are incapable of telling the truth when the truth is damaging, rather than admit the truth, and solve the underlying problem.

As long as they can spin the media to their liking, not allow lines of questioning they don't want to answer and limit freedom of speech...then the Thai people think they are doing a swell job.

Works for them in Thailand , but it has now gone international and big brain pretty much confirmed the fears.

what is next is yet to be seen, but highly unlikely international media and  health organisations will let this go.

may be when travel warnings will go up from western world is when big brain will learn when to speak or when to shut it 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no46-180263.pdf

Latest report I could find in English

PUI = 957

856 recovred from whatever illness they had and were discharged.

100 "under treatment".

What happened to the other one? There's only 956 accounted for......

What a worthless piece of humanity this fellow Anutin is!

He is the prime example of the old adage: best keep you mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot, than open it and confirm you are an idiot.

Did anyone actually vote for this clown in the election? Anyone who did needs to be stripped of their voting rights.

Crikey this is alarming.

The mayor of a South Korean city of Daegu has told residents to stay inside, as a surge in confirmed Covid-19 cases linked to a local church raised the prospect of wider transmission.

Reuters reports that malls in Daegu, the country’s fourth largest city (population of 2.5 million), were largely empty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/feb/20/coronavirus-live-updates-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-japan-deaths-latest-news-china-infections

Edited by URMySunshine

Bangkok a massive city and international hub has somehow been really lucky. I mean look at China, HK, Singapore, Korea and Japan where tough strict measures are being used. In UK they really strictly isolate those who were in such areas and they do not have symptoms. So Thailand is really lucky to have few cases. The trouble is if it gets a problem later it could be exponential and will have deep consequences for Thailand from international players. I hope Thailand remains lucky. 

17 hours ago, moe666 said:

Do you have some proof of a cover up and that the numbers have sky rocketed, if you have info no one else have put it out there. If there was a huge number of sick people it would be all over social media. Stop fear mongering

I have been pondering this. Through the Thai 'grapevine' I get all sorts of news....about things we cannot even discuss on this forum. I would have thought that IF a lot of Thais were getting REALLY sick it would be all over social media. I dont think they are THAT good at covering it up. I could be wrong, I wear a thong..my name rhymes with Lucy Wong.

• Like 2

If Thailand is serious about limiting the spread of the virus then they should close down the VFS Global biometric data collection centres . These centres are a serious risk for the spread of the virus akin to the Airport checkin and departure lounges.  They are not needed as the information sought  is readily available and documents can be submitted online in most cases.

Those attending the VFS Global centres at at high risk of contracting and spreading the virus internationally. (Lifts, Air-conditioning crowed waiting rooms. document handling and the bio metric finger print scanning equipment). 

Thailand already collects biometric data that meets international standards and is recorded in Thailands e-Passports, The requirement for holders of an ePassport to attend these data collection centres is a unfair discriminatory tax on Thai citizens. 

Any residual concerns that may be held by issuing nations (The UK Canada, Finland, Australia the USA  and other nations) about a visa applicant's identity can be readily addressed by alternative options including a online phone or video calls and or the development of a smart mobile phone application that can read a person's e-Passport data. 

We have written to the Australian authorities requesting that they review and suspend this practice and have advised clients and applicants who hold an authorised e-Passport to seek exemption and a waiver from having to attend the centres and provided biometric data.  

It is incumbent on other Nations to act to protect Public Health and Safety by limiting the spread of the virus. These data collection centres must be closed down and or suspended until the World Health Organisation (WHO) or the Chief Medical Officer in Thailand give the all clear.

Edited by OffshoreMig

18 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Sounds similar to the pollution problem in Pattaya when the govt simply stopped reporting.  No hab report.  No hab problem.

You have got it back to front: the government ordered all the hospitals to stop reporting on 4th February, as witnessed by the last reports. This website has now been taken offline

flu2.png

• Thanks 1