BAHTNET Problems with Immigration

factseeker

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Hope you can get this muddle sorted out.

As mentioned in my first post, I now have all my pensions (3) paid into TransferWise and transferred out here as one payment per month. It's very easy to prove to the IO that they are international deposits and I don't have to ask the bank to provide that proof. It's a reliable DIY method.

What is so annoying is that I have kept all the monthly Bank Receipts and MT103 even through  LapTop crash and now to hear all a waste of space.

Enough to make a man turn to drink - in fact not a bad idea that!

Thnxs to all

Best Rgds

4 hours ago, saengd said:

This is still confusing, HSBC doesn't have retail operations in Thailand any longer, only a commercial office for trade purposes, I don't see how they could be the subject of a UK SWIFT transfer since SWIFT requires a retail SWIFT code!

AND HSBC UK uses Natwest UK for its international transfers to Thailand where Bangkok Bank is the receiving bank.

Moonlover: I understand about Bahtnet being the final leg but where those funds are received in Thailand is a mystery to me yet the OP says he thinks HSBC is the first link in the Bahtnet chain, sorry but that doesn't seem possible given the retail license issue.

Hi saengd

UK Gov uses CitiBank by look of it - e.g. IFT    BNT DWP- STAT CITITHBX from bank Statement - this month. This is the Bank that has said nothing - unfortunately it is not my main - sort of pocket money - they are still using  the IFT Code.

But ..........   other Bank = It is my private pension -

This straight from the latest MT103- ink still wet - that is where I was informed I had to look - 72:Additional Information.

72:Additional Information /RELA/LP BKHOxxxxx
/INS/HSBCTHBK
/DETA/
/INS/MIDLGB22

Is the BKHOxxxxx thing a clue?  Are you about to 'crack' it??

Edited by factseeker
added

3 hours ago, factseeker said:

Hi saengd

UK Gov uses CitiBank by look of it - e.g. IFT    BNT DWP- STAT CITITHBX from bank Statement - this month. This is the Bank that has said nothing - unfortunately it is not my main - sort of pocket money - they are still using  the IFT Code.

But ..........   other Bank = It is my private pension -

This straight from the latest MT103- ink still wet - that is where I was informed I had to look - 72:Additional Information.

72:Additional Information /RELA/LP BKHOxxxxx
/INS/HSBCTHBK
/DETA/
/INS/MIDLGB22

Is the BKHOxxxxx thing a clue?  Are you about to 'crack' it??

The sender is MIDLGB22 or HSBC UK, that's the old Midland Bank SWIFT code,

It appears as though the receiver is indeed HSBCTHBK Thailand so they must be the ones who forward it to Bahtnet and onto your receiving Thai bank. I suppose the answer must be to approach your Thai bank as Moonseeker has suggested and tell them you want the FET and see what they say.

The other one is similar, DWP is the pensions people who send to Citi and then onwards via Bahtnet to the receiving Thai bank, I suppose do the same thing, ask them for the FET and see what they say. 

I've no idea what BKHOXXXXX is.

On 2/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, saengd said:

The sender is MIDLGB22 or HSBC UK, that's the old Midland Bank SWIFT code,

It appears as though the receiver is indeed HSBCTHBK Thailand so they must be the ones who forward it to Bahtnet and onto your receiving Thai bank. I suppose the answer must be to approach your Thai bank as Moonseeker has suggested and tell them you want the FET and see what they say.

The other one is similar, DWP is the pensions people who send to Citi and then onwards via Bahtnet to the receiving Thai bank, I suppose do the same thing, ask them for the FET and see what they say. 

I've no idea what BKHOXXXXX is.

The Bank who receive for HSBCTHBK - just seem to be saying sorry nothing they can do I have to go see HSBC.

Although the lady who is my main contact there has always been genuinely very helpful.

I have not asked the Bank that receives from Citi - did not want to stir up a Hornets nest right now - but think I may as well know the full extent of the shambles now.

I do not have a real contact person there and generally their help line just repeats they cannot deal with it by email - so call them - which from half a world way and differing accents is generally wasted time.

I must admit I was warned about putting any funds across here - there you go. Should have listened.

Best Rgds

Bangkok receive incoming transfers via Citibank and show as Bahtnet. You have already been told how to resolve that one.Assuming of course that is one of your "secret" banks.

I would guess that HSBC / Bahtnet probably have a similar system.

13 hours ago, factseeker said:

I must admit I was warned about putting any funds across here - there you go. Should have listened.

Before you play the victim card, perhaps just think about that for a moment.

Somewhere in your funds transfer chain something has changed but it's not clear exactly what it is. I'd be willing to bet that the SWIFT relationship between your Thai receiving bank and HSBC UK has changed and that HSBC UK is the root cause. BUT, you wont tell us the name of your Thai bank, as though to do so might compromise your financial integrity or cause you to be arrested, consequently you wont allow yourself to be helped. As result you are no further ahead now than you were 37 posts ago, instead you've decided to blame it on Thailand and Thai banks whereas the real problem is YOU. I have to say if I was in your shoes I would have demanded answers from all parties in the chain, up to and including Ian Stuart, CEO. Sensibly you might start with HSBC Customer Service but you have lots of options available to you, take one rather than the lazy way out and blame Thailand.

7 hours ago, saengd said:

Before you play the victim card, perhaps just think about that for a moment.

Somewhere in your funds transfer chain something has changed but it's not clear exactly what it is. I'd be willing to bet that the SWIFT relationship between your Thai receiving bank and HSBC UK has changed and that HSBC UK is the root cause. BUT, you wont tell us the name of your Thai bank, as though to do so might compromise your financial integrity or cause you to be arrested, consequently you wont allow yourself to be helped. As result you are no further ahead now than you were 37 posts ago, instead you've decided to blame it on Thailand and Thai banks whereas the real problem is YOU. I have to say if I was in your shoes I would have demanded answers from all parties in the chain, up to and including Ian Stuart, CEO. Sensibly you might start with HSBC Customer Service but you have lots of options available to you, take one rather than the lazy way out and blame Thailand.

Interesting what you say - it was not my intention to play any Card and in fact generally stick up for Thailand if ever I hear criticism.

I have been careful  in case the lady at the bank is wrong and I do not want to cause her a problem.

I am now already embarked upon trying to get to the bottom of things.

But I understand it is not just myself who is experiencing this situation.

Time will no doubt tell - I just want to be able to continue visiting and meeting with friends etc.

• Like 1

Am I missing something or has nobody else noticed because of all the secrecy? 

The first and a subsequent post mentioned that Factseeker has 800k in bank plus monthly transfers.  With 800k in the secret bank, no monthly income proof is required. 

Either I''m going crazy or this is a total non-starter.   ????

Hello Konini,

No secrets just badly explained by myself - apology.

For Visa Renewal normally have had a Bank letter confirming Balances - Bank now say cannot produce letter this year because of a BATNET ruling started 2018 - I have to backtrack to where funds originally arrived via SWIFT Bank for Confirmations needed.
Receiving SWIFT Bank sends funds on automatically to my Bank - as part of BAHTNET but then classed as 'local' transfer - apparently no good for letter.
Had the impression others also effected - in fact told so - thought to ask how others were sorting it all out.

Last comment from me.

This thread has me concerned.

I was planning to use SWIFT and send a bankwire in a week from my regional USA bank to Bangkok Bank to get my 800k THB in for the retirement extension.

I went over this with the Foreign Funds transfer guy at my branch of Bangkok Bank, who assured me a few months ago that it will show as a foreign xfer.

Now if I understand this thread correctly that will not be the case.

So what is the fix?

(I will not be using Transferwise).

As Citibank has been mentioned a few times in this thread - in case it's relevant, I have a checking account with Citibank in the USA but have only had a $1 balance in it for a long time so prefer not to use that account for the transfer.

I feel sure the regional bank I plan to use will have to involve an intermediary bank getting the funds to Thailand.

Edited by JimmyJ

On 2/23/2020 at 10:58 PM, factseeker said:

Hello Konini,

No secrets just badly explained by myself - apology.

For Visa Renewal normally have had a Bank letter confirming Balances - Bank now say cannot produce letter this year because of a BATNET ruling started 2018 - I have to backtrack to where funds originally arrived via SWIFT Bank for Confirmations needed.
Receiving SWIFT Bank sends funds on automatically to my Bank - as part of BAHTNET but then classed as 'local' transfer - apparently no good for letter.
Had the impression others also effected - in fact told so - thought to ask how others were sorting it all out.

Last comment from me.

No body else seems to have the problem.  That does say something.