Jump to content
BANGKOK
JJ3344

"7 days extension stamp", any negative effects?

Recommended Posts

Dear friends,

 

I entered Thailand with a "Visa on Arrival" and granted 15 days of stay here in the Kingdom. I went to the immigration office today and got an so-called "7 days extension" and after reading through the forums, I realized that this is not an actual extension. The appearance of the stamp on my passport got me worried since it clearly stated that "Application For Extension Of Stay Is NOT Approved". I was worried if the stamp with words like this will ever affect me getting visas from another country? Did anyone have the same issue with me and got visas from other countries without a problem? Since the 7 days of stay was granted by the government, I would consider leaving the countries within the date stated on the stamp I got today is totally legal and there will be no any negative effects on me. Am I correct? I would really appreciate the answers from you. Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There should be no negative consequences of the refused extension and seven days to leave the country. It is reasonably common, and I never heard of anyone being treated worse because of it. Just avoid an actual overstay.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Don't worry about it - I've had loads of these over the years, nobody cares.

Thank you very much for your reply! It is a bit upset first seeing a stamp like this appearing on my passport.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There should be no negative consequences of the refused extension and seven days to leave the country. It is reasonably common, and I never heard of anyone being treated worse because of it. Just avoid an actual overstay.

Thank you for helping me understand. I was just not sure if the officers in other countries would not consider this stamp alright and not grant me a visa. It seems like I worried too much. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JJ3344 said:

Since the 7 days of stay was granted by the government, I would consider leaving the countries within the date stated on the stamp I got today is totally legal and there will be no any negative effects on me. Am I correct?

Correct. There should be no negative affect in the future.

 

It’s become a de facto extension. Immigration are more than happy to hand them out as it’s another 1,900 baht in the coffers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you apply for a second extension and get turned down and get the 7 days, do they keep the 1900 baht?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elgenon said:

If you apply for a second extension and get turned down and get the 7 days, do they keep the 1900 baht?

Yes they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, elviajero said:

Correct. There should be no negative affect in the future.

 

It’s become a de facto extension. Immigration are more than happy to hand them out as it’s another 1,900 baht in the coffers. 

Thank you for your answer, I was just trying to avoid the actual overstay and that was all I can get. I was a bit confusing for people who got this for first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 11:57 AM, elgenon said:

If you apply for a second extension and get turned down and get the 7 days, do they keep the 1900 baht?

Yes Siree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...