"7 days extension stamp", any negative effects?

Dear friends,

I entered Thailand with a "Visa on Arrival" and granted 15 days of stay here in the Kingdom. I went to the immigration office today and got an so-called "7 days extension" and after reading through the forums, I realized that this is not an actual extension. The appearance of the stamp on my passport got me worried since it clearly stated that "Application For Extension Of Stay Is NOT Approved". I was worried if the stamp with words like this will ever affect me getting visas from another country? Did anyone have the same issue with me and got visas from other countries without a problem? Since the 7 days of stay was granted by the government, I would consider leaving the countries within the date stated on the stamp I got today is totally legal and there will be no any negative effects on me. Am I correct? I would really appreciate the answers from you. Thank you very much!

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There should be no negative consequences of the refused extension and seven days to leave the country. It is reasonably common, and I never heard of anyone being treated worse because of it. Just avoid an actual overstay.

Thank you for helping me understand. I was just not sure if the officers in other countries would not consider this stamp alright and not grant me a visa. It seems like I worried too much. Thank you.

4 hours ago, JJ3344 said:

Since the 7 days of stay was granted by the government, I would consider leaving the countries within the date stated on the stamp I got today is totally legal and there will be no any negative effects on me. Am I correct?

Correct. There should be no negative affect in the future.

It’s become a de facto extension. Immigration are more than happy to hand them out as it’s another 1,900 baht in the coffers. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, elviajero said:

Correct. There should be no negative affect in the future.

It’s become a de facto extension. Immigration are more than happy to hand them out as it’s another 1,900 baht in the coffers. 

Thank you for your answer, I was just trying to avoid the actual overstay and that was all I can get. I was a bit confusing for people who got this for first time.