Trump offered to pardon Assange if he cooperated over email leak, UK court hears

webfact

2 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

And on subject  I dont think Assange should be pardoned, I think he should come to the USA, be released on bail, tried, plea bargained, if guilty given credit for time served, and sentence communited by the President if given jailtime.

I think assange has done enough time.

Not sure that he is actually guilty of anything, apart from being a bit of a prat, but the scenario you set out above is probably the best he can hope for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Trying to stay on point, the above post pretty much sum this up.

Rohrabacher is quoted directly that he made no such claim, as coming from the President. So there you have it.

What is the argument about now? I assume the next posts will be that he must be lying about his own words, despite no proofs being offered. That's how it goes around here.

How it goes is: Evidence/Witnesses are hidden or not called, the truth gradually leaks out, finely crafted semantics are woven into denials, the truth continues to leak out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

It is standard law enforcement practice to offer immunity on the basis of giving up a more valuable culprit.

Yes it is standard practice for prosecutors working for the DoJ to offer an immunity deal (plea bargain), which includes a proffer and a confession of all crimes.

The formal procedure with documented and attested records.

Assange is not revealing any such thing, he’s revealing a corrupt use of the President’s pardon power to hide evidence in crimes related to the President’s election.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I can't say for sure, but I would bet there is plenty of evidence that shows Trump team involvement with Wikileaks

Does this mean:

A. I have seen some evidence.

B. I have seen no evidence, but I imagine some, based upon my gut instinct from years of watching crime drama's on TV, coupled with my hatred of the big bad orange man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Strange that Trump is will so quickly to pardon Assange and not Jonathan Jay Pollard, a former intelligence analyst, who spied for Israel and has completed his jail term as a part of plea bargaining, and yet Obama and Trump, a staunch supporter if Israel refuses to let him leave the US to go live in Israel...

Because Pollard doesn't have anything to trade.  It's a quid pro quo thing, don't you know. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2