Unblocking UK phone in Bangkok

Speedo1968

My daughter will be bringing me my FIRST ever smart phone ( a one year old phone ) from the UK.

I do not know the make but can find out if it helps.

Where is a good place to unblocking the phone in Bangkok ?

I haven't lived in Bangkok for many many years so an easily findable place would be useful.

Thanks.

Good chance you will not need to unlock it ..unless locked initially by UK supplier. Change to a Thai SIM (awesome deals about with wi-fi ... ) and see if the phone works .. never had problems moving phones from UK to Thai or Thai to UK

Edited by JoeMc
Grammar..
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, steve187 said:

if locked get it unlocked by the network supplier in the UK, normally free

Thanks for that, will mention that to her.    When she comes here I think she normally just buys a Thai SIM for short stay.
My daughter is on a deal that she gets a new updated model every 12 months, so her old phone will be fairly up to date.

10 hours ago, JoeMc said:

Good chance you will not need to unlock it ..unless locked initially by UK supplier. Change to a Thai SIM (awesome deals about with wi-fi ... ) and see if the phone works .. never had problems moving phones from UK to Thai or Thai to UK

Thanks.
She is only here for 10 days, if I remember in the past she just bought a Thai SIM.

I have a cheepo 'normal' phone ( pocket size ) from UK when I visited there some years ago, tried Thai SIM and tried unblocking, doesn't work.