BANGKOK
webfact

Shooting in German city leaves at least 8 people dead - report

Eight people killed in shootings near Frankfurt, police giving chase

2020-02-19T232846Z_1_LYNXMPEG1I1X6_RTROPTP_4_GERMANY-CRIME.JPG

Forensic experts are seen outside a shisha bar after a shooting in Hanau near Frankfurt, Germany, February 20, 2020. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

HANAU, Germany (Reuters) - Eight people were killed on Wednesday in two shooting incidents in a German city near Frankfurt and special forces were chasing the gunmen who fled in a car, police said.

Heavily armed police sealed off two streets in the city of Hanau where ambulances had rushed. A police helicopter hovered over the city, east of the financial hub Frankfurt.

The motive for the shootings is still unclear. Local media said gunmen had opened fire at two shisha bars in Hanau.

The gunmen fled the scene of the first incident in a dark-coloured car. Police have set up a hotline for members of the public with information that could lead to the perpetrators.

(Reporting by Kai Pfaffenbach and Reuters TV; Writing by Joseph Nasr; Editing by Kim Coghill)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-20

Truly it seems no place is safe from this type of insanity now.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Truly it seems no place is safe from this type of insanity now.

When were places ever safe from this type of insanity? 

47 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

When were places ever safe from this type of insanity? 

Idk but we also had some clan shootings in germany, like italian mafia clans shooting each other, arab mafia vs russian mafia, hells angels vs bandidos etc....

If i had to guess, i would say this is also organized crime related. 

My home city got more dangerous when the stupid cops removed the Hells Angels from controlling the red light area, they kept everything safe for normal people - the kosovo and serb mafia who came after them was dangerous.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 2

Shisha Bars. Leads me to speculate: Drugs, Business dispute, Terrorism, Family Honour.

Prayers for the victims.

30 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Idk but we also had some clan shootings in germany, like italian mafia clans shooting each other, arab mafia vs russian mafia, hells angels vs bandidos etc....

If i had to guess, i would say this is also organized crime related. 

My home city got more dangerous when the stupid cops removed the Hells Angels from controlling the red light area, they kept everything safe for normal people - the kosovo and serb mafia who came after them was dangerous.

The cops may not be the brightest but ultimately it is city, state and national governments that proscribe businesses that are fronts for money laundering and people trafficking. The cops simply enforce. Indeed, it would a stupid cop that arbitrarily decides what's good or bad and takes action without some form of approval and that doesn't just apply to Thailand.

For me, the jury is out on considering one sort of pond-life as being in any way more desirable than another.

2 hours ago, uesnyc said:

Place your bets!

Far-right terrorists? Oh, I know what you mean.... would never have guessed with such a telling avatar 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me guess. It was a pink haired, overweight  lesbian/ non binary millennial with a nose ring that was protesting being 'oppressed' by the 'patriarchy'? ........mmmmmm....sisha....sisha.....I may need a rethink.

• Haha 2

Looks like the Breibartians don't get to grandstand on this one. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, uesnyc said:

Place your bets!

I am cautious after hearing the suspected murder lived in a terraced (serial) house and had a hunting license. Very untypical for the usual suspects.

That he is supposed to be "a German" is not that significant though but fits the impression.