Shooting in German city leaves at least 8 people dead - report

webfact

Eight people killed in shootings near Frankfurt, police giving chase

2020-02-19T232846Z_1_LYNXMPEG1I1X6_RTROPTP_4_GERMANY-CRIME.JPG

Forensic experts are seen outside a shisha bar after a shooting in Hanau near Frankfurt, Germany, February 20, 2020. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach

HANAU, Germany (Reuters) - Eight people were killed on Wednesday in two shooting incidents in a German city near Frankfurt and special forces were chasing the gunmen who fled in a car, police said.

Heavily armed police sealed off two streets in the city of Hanau where ambulances had rushed. A police helicopter hovered over the city, east of the financial hub Frankfurt.

The motive for the shootings is still unclear. Local media said gunmen had opened fire at two shisha bars in Hanau.

The gunmen fled the scene of the first incident in a dark-coloured car. Police have set up a hotline for members of the public with information that could lead to the perpetrators.

(Reporting by Kai Pfaffenbach and Reuters TV; Writing by Joseph Nasr; Editing by Kim Coghill)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-02-20

47 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

When were places ever safe from this type of insanity? 

Idk but we also had some clan shootings in germany, like italian mafia clans shooting each other, arab mafia vs russian mafia, hells angels vs bandidos etc....

If i had to guess, i would say this is also organized crime related. 

My home city got more dangerous when the stupid cops removed the Hells Angels from controlling the red light area, they kept everything safe for normal people - the kosovo and serb mafia who came after them was dangerous.

Edited by ThomasThBKK
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Idk but we also had some clan shootings in germany, like italian mafia clans shooting each other, arab mafia vs russian mafia, hells angels vs bandidos etc....

If i had to guess, i would say this is also organized crime related. 

My home city got more dangerous when the stupid cops removed the Hells Angels from controlling the red light area, they kept everything safe for normal people - the kosovo and serb mafia who came after them was dangerous.

The cops may not be the brightest but ultimately it is city, state and national governments that proscribe businesses that are fronts for money laundering and people trafficking. The cops simply enforce. Indeed, it would a stupid cop that arbitrarily decides what's good or bad and takes action without some form of approval and that doesn't just apply to Thailand.

For me, the jury is out on considering one sort of pond-life as being in any way more desirable than another.

6 hours ago, uesnyc said:

Place your bets!

I am cautious after hearing the suspected murder lived in a terraced (serial) house and had a hunting license. Very untypical for the usual suspects.

That he is supposed to be "a German" is not that significant though but fits the impression.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

European media report that the shooter was some sort of white supremacist xenophobic scum....found later dead at his residence.

After killing his own mother.

His manifest is quite hardcore, i am not going to repeat it here but it also includes rotting of south east asia, africa, arabs, south and middle america... 

It's nothing to do with any politics or what so ever.

The point is that there are mad extremists, haters on all sides...west, east, far east....these scum just use anything as an excuse to evacuate their hate and frustrations of a miserable existence. Should they be whites, muslims, asians what ever.

Politics, religion or  ideology have absolutely nothing to do in this case, as it plainly a matter of uneducated, frustrations and despair from a low social existence.

And that's perhaps where nations should tackle the problem, in doing all that is possible to reduce the social gap as much as they can,  no matter where in the world.

Edited by observer90210
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

It's nothing to do with any politics or what so ever.

The point is that there are mad extremists, haters on all sides...west, east, far east....these scum just use anything as an excuse to evacuate their hate and frustrations of a miserable existence. Should they be whites, muslims, asians what ever.

Politics, religion or  ideology have absolutely nothing to do in this case, as it plainly a matter of uneducated, frustrations and despair from a low social existence.

And that's perhaps where nations should tackle the problem, in doing all that is possible to reduce the social gap as much as they can no matter where in the world.

political religious hater seems to be the go Detective. 

4 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Pretty simple actually if someone wants to kill you don't let them in your country.  If someone will give you a dangerous virus don't let them in the country. What's so hard to figure out about this?  Germany is a mess.

You obviously missed the fact that the shootings took place in shisha bars, which would imply that it’s either clans/bikies amongst them or a right wing attack. 

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

I fear that this will happen more and more as time goes on ,the west opened the floodgates and allowed people with vastly different lifestyles and beliefs in ,then we got mass murders by some of them ,it  just lit the fire for fruitcakes like this to retaliate .

Wow, you and Deli have taken explaining away hate crimes to a whole new level. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2