job offer - visa requirements

So I’ve been offered a job in Bangkok. I’m 50 from UK, and have lived in Bangkok for several years on Non-Imm O visa based on marriage. 
Just need some advice and have some questions. Would really appreciate any responses to help me. Thank you.

1. The company has asked me if I want to make contributions to the Provident Fund. It seems this would be attractive. Recommended?

2. I have been told that I would have to leave Thailand whilst a "Tor Tor 3" application is processed with the Ministry of Labour. Does this sound accurate?

3. Whilst out of the country I would need to apply for a "90 day Non-immigrant B Visa" and then I would get a two-year work permit and extensions following that. Does that sound accurate?

Any advice/recommendations would be very helpful indeed. Thank you.

R

I can't give any specific details as I never sorted out the work permit myself but I did recently switch to a marriage visa although not worked on it yet...

Personally I never made any contributions to a provident fund, was never asked.

I thought the tor lor 3 was your marriage cerficate?!

and pretty sure you don't need to leave Thailand or change visa because as far as I know, the company can apply for a work permit while you are on a marriage visa.

EDIT : just seen Joe is typing ...he will know !! 

Edited by CraigInBangkok

1. That should be your choice.

2. That would be a WP3 application but it would not be the only way for it to be done. The work permit can be applied for while you are in the country.

3. You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You do not have to have a have non-b visa. The income from working can be used to meet the 40k baht requirement for a extension of stay application by proving it with tax payment receipts.

All that is needed is a copy of your marriage certificate to be submitted with the work permit application to prove the reason for you non-o visa being issued.

• Like 1