Killer of Dutch expat arrested after 13 years on the run - he conspired with Thai wife/brother to get their hands on 100 million baht

webfact

If you have a lot of money be careful. In my own family I had a case were one child tried to kill his rich parents. His friend was a drug dealer. It was in all newspapers. And there are many cases like this - in Thailand and everywhere. People are greedy or simply envy - this is often enough. There is a reason why some people can't be without body guards. 

3 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If you have a lot of money be careful. In my own family I had a case were one child tried to kill his rich parents. His friend was a drug dealer. It was in all newspapers. And there are many cases like this - in Thailand and everywhere. People are greedy or simply envy - this is often enough. There is a reason why some people can't be without body guards. 

Bodyguards?

They could easily 'flip', for the right sum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

When it comes to applying the law in this country, nothing is ' unbelievable' and money can buy everyone and everything, well, almost...

Do you really think that doesn’t happens in other countries as well have a look at some of the cases in the US ?

Money and influence talks everywhere.

3 hours ago, dddave said:

When they finally brought the wife to trial 6 or 7 years ago it came out that the victims Dutch family had been relentlessly pressuring the Dutch Government to pressure Thailand.  As I recall, a couple of trade deals with the Netherlands which were important to Thailand were stalled and forced Thailand to bring the case through.

This case always amazed me because here was a Thai girl who had truly hit the jackpot. At the time of the murder, they were the wealthiest Expat/Thai couple in Chonbury.  She literally had everything every girl in Pattaya dreams of but it just wasn't enough.

This case should be required reading for any expat that thinks his TGF will love him forever if he just builds her a house and buys her a car.

Conclusively answers the question of whether Thai females prefer Thai men or farang. 

13 years on the run, guess farang murders are not a high priority with the police.

Or someone in authority was turning a blind eye.

Oh? The 1 million Baht no one is talking about?

Wonder if the wife is still shagging the murderer?

56 minutes ago, Thian said:

How do you know she was a prostitute?

May offend some but reality is, they almost all are regardless of occupation, where they are from...see if you can find a woman without giving her money. It just dosnn't happen...so there is your answer

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Anupong was granted bail and repeatedly failed to turn up in court resulting him in being sentenced to death in absentia in 2007 and a warrant being issued by the Pattaya court for his arrest.

So Why was this maggot granted bail? Never should've happen, But hey this is Thai logic ,Thai logic doesn't make sense to the rest of the world. ????

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

So Why was this maggot granted bail? Never should've happen, But hey this is Thai logic ,Thai logic doesn't make sense to the rest of the world. ????

Not even to most Thai's ????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Would be interesting to know what’s happened to the 100 million baht assets.

Exactly how would the murderers have thought they would get the assets?  Was it property the wife might inherit?  If he had some businesses, do those just keep running?  It is not like he had 100 million baht just sitting in a bank as cash.  In any event, there sure seem to be a lot of accused murderers getting out on bail over there.