Killer of Dutch expat arrested after 13 years on the run - he conspired with Thai wife/brother to get their hands on 100 million baht

webfact

Unpixellated video of Anupong Suthanee with the police in front of the press, shifting the blame and expressing contrition:

Anupong Suthanee> In all honesty the reason I went on the run was that what happened wasn't my idea. I was just one of the people involved. So I decided to go on the run. I wasn't the person who planned it.
Reporter/Police> Who planned it?
Anupong Suthanee> That's already been reported in the news.
Reporter/Police> And you went on the run to wait for the stature of limitations to expire?
Anupong Suthanee> Yes, exactly that. To wait for the stature of limitations to expire.
I know it was wrong and I'm sorry. And I really didn't want it to happen. But it's happened and I have to say I'm sorry. And I admit my guilt.

• Confused 1

17th MARCH 2015 FINAL VERDICT of the Marisa Prommana

On 17th March 2015 the Court of Appeal in Pattaya pronounced their final verdict: Marisa has been sentenced to lifelong imprisonment for her involvement in the murder of Jules and she was arrested immediately.

Justice has been done to Jules almost 12 years after his murder!
The trial against Marisa Prommana started on 26th October 2009 and took about 5.5 years.
On 10th May 2012 the judge in Pattaya Provincial Court acquitted Marisa. According to the sentence of the judge, it had been proven that Marisa had been present when the murder of Jules had been planned, but that she might have changed her mind in the period between the planning and the actual murder. After this, Marisa was released on bail in expectation of our possible decision to appeal to a higher court.

We have not doubted for a moment to do so and in August 2012 an Official Appeal was made both by our lawyer and by the public prosecutor.

The end of April 2013 Marisa was pronounced guilty by the Appeal Court and was condemned to lifelong imprisonment.

Marisa immediately gave notice of appeal at Dika Court, which is the Supreme Court of Thailand and she was released on bail.

On 17th March 2015 Dika Court confirmed the verdict of the Appeal Court.

• Like 1

i wonder what whould happan had he not a supporting family in the netherland

who fought for justice and pressed for convictions, for 12 long years !!

12 years !! amazing !!

propably the case would go COLD and forgotten.

i think he made the mistake of his life when he made life insurance on his

wife's name. she could not wait any longer !!

this is the tragic story of, yet again, two people who never met each other.

he looks such a gentelman and family man, paid for traditional wedding with

white dress for his wife, but the wife...ohh dear...ignorant

and barbarian behind a sweet innocent smile...she planned the whole thing...

21 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Well it was only a farang that he murdered ...

can't blame the thai courts in racism, as they release also thai murderers, even

serial murderers, even after they we sentenced to life in prison...

they released a serial psycho killer after 14 years in jail, and he could not help

him self and went on killing yet another innocent woman..go figure...

https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/thai-serial-killer-released-for-good-behaviour-may-have-killed-again-cops/story-f2az5jUKVLYbnCY0De1iwK.html

22 hours ago, petermik said:

Bloody animals the lot of them....string them all up :thumbsup:

so if your wife or partner starts acting strange after telling them you have even 5 million + baht , that sweet person you once knew who has got very friendly with someone else , be afraid of them be very afraid 

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

On 10th May 2012 the judge in Pattaya Provincial Court acquitted Marisa. According to the sentence of the judge, it had been proven that Marisa had been present when the murder of Jules had been planned, but that she might have changed her mind in the period between the planning and the actual murder.

Even if true (changed her mind), she made no attempt to warn her husband or tell the authorities about this planned murder. Obviously, accessory before the fact is not a crime here.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:39 AM, darksidedog said:

13 years is a very long time to be on the run, but hopefully Mr. Odekerkens family will be happy to hear that his murderer has finally been caught and is facing justice at last.

HERE is the topic I started in 2007 about the JULES ODEKERKEN murder case:

This is the website/blog, created by the Odekerken family:

http://www.julesodekerken.nl/

NOTE: I had contact with the Odekerken family and they are "happy" that the main killer is now finally behind bars.

They wish no further contact with the press but they expressed their gratitude for the enormous support and help they received by many sources in Thailand and The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1

If you have two cents to rub together and retire in S.E. Asia it is best to fly under the radar. If you have millions, or a few thousand dollars. Thailand has spent years learning how to extract it from you. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2020 at 5:25 PM, StevieAus said:

Do you really think that doesn’t happens in other countries as well have a look at some of the cases in the US ?

Money and influence talks everywhere.

Yes every country is exactly the same inn every way. There are no meaningful differences between countries at all.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:15 AM, webfact said:

Other media in Thailand reported that both Marisa and brother Seksan are serving life imprisonment for the murder.

Funny that they both have Facebook profiles and live in Chonburi. One of the profiles updated in February.   Not many with that surname (Promma) , and are FB friends. 

Edited by balo