Schengen Visa - Belgium. Refused

3 hours ago, RedPill said:

Strictly, from what I always got ... is that you have to enter Schengen at the country you got the visa from.

But in reality ... I often applied in one country, and flew into a different one. No one ever cared about that.

No (as I was told by a consulate) they want it to be the 'primary' country of visitation, but thats loosely defined. Eg theres nothing wrong with having a german visa and flying to paris, having a weekend there at the start of you vacation, then travelling on. 

For the vast majority of my many many visas the first country of entry would be france, but I would then have driven on and out of the country within 1 hour. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

For the vast majority of my many many visas the first country of entry would be france, but I would then have driven on and out of the country within 1 hour. 

My wife was refused a visa to France a year or so back as our plans indicated that we were spending half a day longer in Italy than our two trips to France.
They didn't actually refuse to issue the visa they refused to process it, and as such should have refunded the fee and returned the supporting evidence, they refused to do so.
I pointed out the error of their ways and they backed down and returned the fee and the supporting evidence, by then she'd got her visa via the Italian Consulate.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

My wife was refused a visa to France a year or so back as our plans indicated that we were spending half a day longer in Italy than our two trips to France.
They didn't actually refuse to issue the visa they refused to process it, and as such should have refunded the fee and returned the supporting evidence, they refused to do so.
I pointed out the error of their ways and they backed down and returned the fee and the supporting evidence, by then she'd got her visa via the Italian Consulate.

Never tried but as someone with a UK / Brit passport I suspect French would be the least easy schengen to deal with. 

Dutch, Germans, Portuguese all easy.. Irish super easy but oddly non Schengen, I sometimes need to solve a UK, Irish and Schengen visa for a single trip. 

I hear theres 2 and 5 year schengen tourist visas just been launched, will be getting one of them mid summer. Have that an the UK 5 year tourist visa and will make our regular travels so much easier. 

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I hear theres 2 and 5 year schengen tourist visas just been launched, will be getting one of them mid summer. Have that an the UK 5 year tourist visa and will make our regular travels so much easier. 

They've always been available, my wife got a two year one from the Dutch a couple of years ago, it's just that the revised hanbook that came in the month has meant they are based on previous visas and travel.
Brexit shouldn't make any difference, for spouses of Brit's, save that they will need to go the full procedure and pay, the longer length ones are the same price, unlike the British ones that are quite expensive.

14 hours ago, theoldgit said:

But can I remind members that this is a forum where members seek advice on a specific issue, not a general discussion on all things visa related and our own take on various issues. 

If you refer to my comments, I think I have been rather clear for OP. I been busy with that matter for a while now. Red pill has been concentrating, on my case, on the fact that my gf is not Thai, but Philippine.

When being on BELGIUM forums, being to lawyers, the message is simple. AVOID avoid Schengen, by Belgium. Inviting your gf, being invited by a couple, inviting your mother in law, Philippine or Thai, the rate of success IS very small. I not say this, because my request failed. I say this because, I dig  into the matter.  Even here in Thailand, when consultant hear about obtaining the Schengen for Belgium, the answer is "very difficult". I am not going further into the matter, but being on forums, know other people trying the same things and with Thais, having a friend who tried to get over his legitimate wife for a couple of years, with lawyers involved, people giving up on it, it is better to avoid. I did not believe it was so bad, I am not an idiot, my mother was a lawyer and in my case the demand was very documented. I would not do it again, and only the waiting time, if there is no positive advice from an embassy, is ridiculous. Four months!

Like some posted, they had success though. But until now I not hear again thru Belgium. Spain, Greece, and most of all visa agents here. They not only do demand thru a more positive embassy, they have contacts, to make it easier. The fact that an application has been denied in a Schengen country, could with a bit bad luck, still make it more difficult, another reason to try a good agency. Normally you will have response in 3 weeks, and some doesn't even charge you if denied. And then in case of success, 10.000   Baht is a small fee to avoid the gestapo investigation of Belgian foreign affairs.

On 2/26/2020 at 5:13 AM, justin case said:

create a company in your home country and give her .... a work permit ... import company working with thailand ?

belgium is a real problem 

you better be an illegal / asilum seeker in belgium, than a Belgian person wanting to do it the legal way via embassy, etc...

Right. Now for tourist purposes this can be possible, using a Schengen in another country.  But to stay longer, it is really an issue.   

Archived