Wilder V Fury II

Farangwithaplan

1 minute ago, UbonThani said:

Start time in Australia. 555

START TIME IN AUSTRALIA

Main Event’s coverage of Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II will get underway at 1pm (AEDT) on Sunday, February 23.

Wilder v Fury won’t begin before 3pm, and is expected to get underway at approximately 4pm.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Start time in Australia. 555

START TIME IN AUSTRALIA

Main Event’s coverage of Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II will get underway at 1pm (AEDT) on Sunday, February 23.

Wilder v Fury won’t begin before 3pm, and is expected to get underway at approximately 4pm.

Buddy there is a 3 hour gap which means 1pm.

The co Main ended halfway through which sped the card up I think. 

They've also been timing their shows off when the UFC ends recently. There was also a UFC card today. 

They actually held the last Canelo fight back by an hour because of the Jorge masvidal VS Nate Diaz fight.

Could explain the time discrepancies you guys mention 

It wasn't really a fight.   One guy with massive punching power against a much bigger guy who is fast for his weight and just bullied the smaller fighter.  20 kg difference or something.  I didn't think it would make that big of a difference, but it did.  Then he sang American Pie.  Hilarious.  I don't care where they are from or what color their skin is, I like to watch a good fight.  This one wasn't good, but it wasn't bad.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

It wasn't really a fight.   One guy with massive punching power against a much bigger guy who is fast for his weight and just bullied the smaller fighter.  20 kg difference or something.  I didn't think it would make that big of a difference, but it did.  Then he sang American Pie.  Hilarious.  I don't care where they are from or what color their skin is, I like to watch a good fight.  This one wasn't good, but it wasn't bad.  

Exactly, it even wasn't boxing..no technique, no combo's, no superhard punches......compared to Mike Tyson this was wrestling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

REMATCH! LETS HAVE A REMATCH!

That should be worth a few hundred Million

It's in the fight contract. As Furey has beaten Wilder twice, it's way down my list of fights to see. Much rather see him pummel Anthony Joshua and unify the belts again.

Edited by DannyCarlton

2 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Anyone who isn't impressed with fury doesn't understand boxing. 

And to compare fury to iron Mike is laughable they are polar opposite fighters and fury is legit a foot taller lol. It's not the same style of boxer. He's slick, he counters, he moves his feet. 

Although he's soft and show boats, Tyson Fury is a bad dude and one of the most natural fighters the sport has seen in the past hundred years. Those gypsies can box. The ability and skill Tyson shows while being that big is unreal 

After seeing the match i had to see some real boxers at work....have a look

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Was a masterclass. 

A supposed pillow fisted slick gangly heavyweight went in there and out gunned the hardest and most dangerous puncher in the sport. 

He put on the mass to weigh on wilder in the clinch, fought dirty when he needed to and absolutely beat Deontay pillar to post. 

Not sure what you watched but that was an incredible display by Tyson. Flawless other than the two bombs he ate in the second. 

Nakmuay,

I liked how Fury went about his task yesterday. I liked he got up into Wilder and I really liked that hybrid left jab / hook he released a couple of times. That was effective. Wilder took quite a few body shots and it really caused him issues.

But I can't call it a masterclass and here is my reasoning. Wilder was out on his feet by the third round yet Fury still could manage to finish him off. Wilder needed the ropes to stay balanced a lot of the time in the later rounds so he had nowhere to hide.

Fury kept seeming all to keen to get into a clinch instead of setting up nice combo groupings. Now people might say that with the extra weight Fury added he wanted to tire Wilder with the clinch. And that may be the case, But Fury also boasted that he would finish Wilder in 2 or 3 rounds (I can't remember which) so that statement goes against what we saw.

Fury might have been mindful of Wilder's right, but after the third round Wilder was telegraphing his wind up of the right hand so easily I could have ducked or stepped away from them.

Even in the last flurry as the fight was stopped, Fury wasn't hitting every shot cleanly. But to his credit, it was the 6th round.

It was a good fight with good aspects to it and Fury showed he dominated real estate of the ring. But to Some extent, Wilder had no choice but to hang of the ropes. But Wilder stayed in the game for another three rounds when Fury should have been expected to have demolished him much sooner.

So for those reasons, I can't call it a masterclass. But in saying that, I do see some of your points.

14 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Anyone who isn't impressed with fury doesn't understand boxing. 

And to compare fury to iron Mike is laughable they are polar opposite fighters and fury is legit a foot taller lol. It's not the same style of boxer. He's slick, he counters, he moves his feet. 

Although he's soft and show boats, Tyson Fury is a bad dude and one of the most natural fighters the sport has seen in the past hundred years. Those gypsies can box. The ability and skill Tyson shows while being that big is unreal 

Comparing Tyson with Tyson. Nice.

Agreed, though.  Tyson Fury is much the better boxer.  

Mike Tyson was a puncher, as is Deontay Wilder.  There's a big difference.

Reminds me of how people were "outraged" when Floyd Mayweather beat Manny Pacquiao.  Only one of those people was boxing.  The other was trying to punch his way to victory and failed.

34 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Mike Tyson was a puncher,

Aye, he was. But He should be given a bit more credit - not too much, mind but a little. He had some good footwork when he was young. Fights just usually never went long enough for him to make good use of them. Tyson was quite evasive in his younger days.

But I always loved the way he set up crouching and swaying in close fully defensive before he let an uppercut bomb go. That wasn't a sweet science. That was explosive physics.

EDIT: In my last post I said "Fury still could manage to finish him off." It should have read as 'couldn't'.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
corrected previous post.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

Mike Tyson was a puncher, as is Deontay Wilder.  There's a big difference.

Rubbish. Mike Tyson was fast, great movement and ring craft. Hard to hit when you. He was rubbish when old.

Wilder is a one trick Pony. Fury is just a big dude without fear but not much skill. Fury reminds me of Bugner yet Bugner had more skill.

9 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Fury is 6 foot 9. As a boxer he's not that good. Terrible era. A 21yo Mike Tyson knocks him out round 1.

I totally agree. Fury is near 7 foot and that, with his deceptive fakes and brawling is his full cap. This was not a great fight. 

Not remotely comparable to some of the great fights we've seen in the past. Mike Tyson's boxing craft was centuries away from the slow brawling Fury. Iron Mike, in his prime, would annihilate Fury. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Nakmuay,

I liked how Fury went about his task yesterday. I liked he got up into Wilder and I really liked that hybrid left jab / hook he released a couple of times. That was effective. Wilder took quite a few body shots and it really caused him issues.

But I can't call it a masterclass and here is my reasoning. Wilder was out on his feet by the third round yet Fury still could manage to finish him off. Wilder needed the ropes to stay balanced a lot of the time in the later rounds so he had nowhere to hide.

Fury kept seeming all to keen to get into a clinch instead of setting up nice combo groupings. Now people might say that with the extra weight Fury added he wanted to tire Wilder with the clinch. And that may be the case, But Fury also boasted that he would finish Wilder in 2 or 3 rounds (I can't remember which) so that statement goes against what we saw.

Fury might have been mindful of Wilder's right, but after the third round Wilder was telegraphing his wind up of the right hand so easily I could have ducked or stepped away from them.

Even in the last flurry as the fight was stopped, Fury wasn't hitting every shot cleanly. But to his credit, it was the 6th round.

It was a good fight with good aspects to it and Fury showed he dominated real estate of the ring. But to Some extent, Wilder had no choice but to hang of the ropes. But Wilder stayed in the game for another three rounds when Fury should have been expected to have demolished him much sooner.

So for those reasons, I can't call it a masterclass. But in saying that, I do see some of your points.

You make great points. I don't think Fury ever really hunts the knockout though. Even yesterday, he knew he had him and was slowly drowning him. Once you start head hunting for it and sort of zone in on the knockout bad things can happen and you can get caught. 

He knew the KO was coming, it's why he didn't even blink when the ref took a point. You can tell when your opponent is done. Especially in the clinch. Tyson said that Deontay was so weak in the clinch towards the 5th that he felt like he was almost holding him up. 

I was very impressed with the second knockdown with that body shot. Showed great IQ. He ruined Wilders gas tank, stifled all his power and really took it to him. 

Great points, you're well educated haha. Next time you are in bkk let's grab a beer. I love when guys on here know about combat sports 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nakmuay887 said:

I love when guys on here know about combat sports 

I see your points and can see how Fury just played for the moment by breaking Wilder down. Wilder had little in the tank. Fury's first round really set the pace and Wilder couldn't keep distance.

I am no expert. I simply say what I observe. Anytime I have been on a bag I am always mindful I might come out second best ???? But thank for the compliment.

Beer is something I am familiar with, though ????

Edited by Farangwithaplan