Would you buy a Chevy? Dealers swamped after 500,000 baht discount offered

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Would you buy a Chevy? Dealers swamped after 500,000 baht discount offer

That just shows you how much money they make on a car .You go to buy a car and haggle a bit and they winge and wine that they can't drop the price a bit ,,,, All <deleted>,,, 

5 hours ago, billsmart said:

I've owned Chevys for most of my life. They've all been very nice cars. But, all but my current Chevy Truck were made in the USA. However, I've owned this truck for about five years and had not problems whatsoever.

i have had my Triton for 13 years had it serviced when one should....never had any problems....it only has 71 k kms on the clock....would buy another definately

• Like 1

Just now, rvaviator said:

Is the Chinese automotive company 'Great Wall' not going to move in ... ?

They have purchased an assembly plant yes, there intention is not yet known other than it will be sometime 2022 before they bring it online.

25 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

So what happens with all the dealerships?  Are they franchises with no more cars to sell?

The franchise ones  will either shut or start selling another brand.

I assume the company owned ones (or some of them) will remain open to honour warranty and repairs.

5 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Ive had a Chev truck here in Thailand  for a few years now and its been a very reliable vehicle.

Their diesel motors are excellent.

I think because standards are so low in Thailand / for example toyotas are some of the best cars and trucks you can get in North America (a tundra or tacoma are excellent trucks)but in Thailand they feel like they have been put together by a 10 year old . Chevys and fords have a slightly better reputation . The part of the US where I live people wouldn’t even look twice at a Chevy as it’s so unreliable . Fords are only just slightly better and even they are pulling out of the car market and concentrating on trucks as they just don’t sell even in the states . 

8 hours ago, Enoon said:

Which led to:

"Proton produced its first indigenously designed (though Mitsubishi-engined), non-badge engineered car in the year 2000, and elevated Malaysia as the 11th country in the world with the capability to design cars from the ground up"

It will not have escaped your notice that Thailand has failed to do such a thing.

Thailand has no indigenously designed/manufactured "technology" with a world "name".

Red Bulls world placing is the work of an Austrian.

Thai "entrepreneurship" is confined to thinking up grandiose images of itself and selling its workforce to other countries.

The Thai people have been utterly misdirected and betrayed, by their "leadership", for decades.

Thats a bit harsh ...Their Chicken Essence is said to be world class . 2 million Monks cant be wrong 

5 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

i have had my Triton for 13 years had it serviced when one should....never had any problems....it only has 71 k kms on the clock....would buy another definately

What's your point? Triton is a Mitsubishi. You didn't  know. Or you want to say that are japanese cars more reliable? 

By the way. I've a 2012 Trailblazer, bought it new and put already 375k on clock. Never had any problems with it just the regular maintenance. The 2.8 CTDI outperforms all his rivals. Now that Chevrolet will cancel their sells in Thailand it's no alternative brand available with a reliable engine. Everyone is continuing with their downsizing of the engines. 2L is a no-go. So I'll stick with it until it will die on me. Hopefully I'll hit the 1mil.

Chevys trucks are great. Just look how many 1970's 80's 90's are still on the road in Canada USA. I have a 1986 Chevy Van no rust I only do some regular maintenance ie; oil plugs grease I would sell for $10k just because it will out live me. I don't think Thai's know what maintenance is.

P_20180917_174419.jpg

• Like 2

I've been wanting a Chevy Colorado for a while but the discount on one is pathetic!  I am not paying a high price for a vehicle with limited warranty,  limited genuine spare parts availability......body panels and trim bits is my concern, a diminishing supply of factory trained techies and zero technical updates.  If the 500.000baht discount had been on a Colorado I would have accepted the risk.....but not 200.000 discount......