Health Insurance Recommendation

KaputtAlreadyNa

Hi There,

I am newbie, 65 years old and looking for recommendation for

1) Health insurance policy / company ?

2) What coverage should I take for living in Thailand ?

3) Should i also take a Out Patient coverage ?

4) Is it advisable to take deductible ?

I was looking at the policy from Pacific Cross 

" Standard Extra = 450,000 Baht Coverage "

" Standard Extra = 780,000 Baht Coverage "

and " Premier = 1,200,000 Baht Coverage "

If any one can give advice or comments will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Warmest

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Went with AIA. Just applied for O-A visa and told by immigration I didn't need it??? 

Immigration do not issue O-A Visas.

AIA are a life insurance company and provide poor value health insurance tagged onto a life policy.

Edited by fishtank
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, steve187 said:

aiming for the OA and OX visa holders, so includes in and out patient cover. prices range for a 64 year old from 48,600 to 104,500thb

Leave out the outpatients cover and have some deductibles and it is quite reasonable.

I am 68 and my premium was 42,000Baht.

No outpatient and 20,000 deductible.

Not perfect but better than those <deleted> compulsory policies.

Edited by fishtank
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, fishtank said:

Leave out the outpatients cover and have some deductibles and it is quite reasonable.

I am 68 and my premium was 42,000Baht.

No outpatient and 20,000 deductible.

Not perfect but better than those <deleted> compulsory policies.

was that with pre existing medical conditions? at 64 with no out patient and 40,000thb deductibles its coming in at 29,000 down from 48,600 thb, before pre existing conditions

• Thanks 1

I went with Atena.  I lowered my plan now it is 35K but the cover is not so good.  I have personal care package 600K per illness, 5K per night hospital. I was on the one million THB platinum plan.  I almost switched to Pacific Cross but agent made the offer without adding deductible and I was down to my last day to be able to renew my Atena   I heard Pacific Cross will raise your premium very fast if you actually use it, even the agents told me if you spend more then the premium in one year you may get slapped with a 25 percent increase.  Be careful this is coming from the agent.   I have been with Atena Thailand 17 years through its various name changes.   Pacific Cross seemed to new to get any real reviews so added with the reason listed above I just stuck with Atena but yea I am a bit under insured but better then have my premium jacked up 25 percent if I actually use it.   I am 52 

Edited by genobkk
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, genobkk said:

I went with Atena.  I lowered my plan now it is 35K but the cover is not so good.  I have personal care package 600K per illness, 5K per night hospital. I was on the one million THB platinum plan.  I almost switched to Pacific Cross but agent made the offer without adding deductible and I was down to my last day to be able to renew my Atena   I heard Pacific Cross will raise your premium very fast if you actually use it, even the agents told me if you spend more then the premium in one year you may get slapped with a 25 percent increase.  Be careful this is coming from the agent.   I have been with Atena Thailand 17 years through its various name changes.   Pacific Cross seemed to new to get any real reviews so added with the reason listed above I just stuck with Atena but yea I am a bit under insured but better then have my premium jacked up 25 percent if I actually use it.   I am 52 

Thanks for your input,

I agree with you that your coverage is a bit low, I will have a look at Atena.

Thanks

Warmest

On 2/20/2020 at 4:52 PM, Peter Denis said:

You might be interested in checking out this thread >

Thanks

Warmest