BANGKOK
webfact

Pollution: Abandoning Thailand to seek a better life in Vietnam?! Think again.....

16 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Are you guys just not well traveled?

The world is full of young, fit girls. 

And many much prettier than thai girls but unwanted attention by 0ld men will end up In a... get lost creep... Comment however in Asia if you are relatively well off it can easy be the new wife 

Edited by madmen

29 minutes ago, dcnx said:

It’s going to be more than 2 years. Most everyone I’ve met who doesn’t get bothered by the pollution is a smoker. At least half of them are also heavy drinkers. They make poor life and health decisions in general so it’s natural to not be bothered by terrible air pollution or any future risks.

I’m pretty much a non-drinker (a few drinks per year) but the air in Bangkok was so bad this year that I actually quit smoking cigarettes because of it.  Almost two months so far and feeling much better for making that choice.  Still bothered by the pollution however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaRoadrunner said:

So you sacrifice your health to live in a dirty old mans paradise? Seems a fair trade to me.

Of course we could move to the coast of Vietnam and have the best of both worlds.... if only they would quit messing about with the Visa.

I'm totally shocked I made it this far without giving my health a second thought 

No point changing now. 

Vietnam is off the table with the Phillipines threatening changes and Cambodia will follow soon enough, the doors are all closing 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If things keep going the way they're going, this site could well end up being renamed...

"VietnamVisa.com"!!!  :laugh:

If I may humbly suggest: VietVisa.com (except that someone already registered or grabbed the name, apparently, but hasn't put up a full website ... yet)

Edited by MaxYakov

My multi-device, air-purified bedroom in Bangkok - 2

Yeah, I could relocate to Vietnam, but I wouldn't evade the real bane of my existence in Bangkok: Motor vehicles, especially motor bikes/scooters

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

II travel back to my home city/country for several months each year.  The air quality index is 1.

That helps me keep the lungs cleared out.

I once met a Malaysian man (ok, he was of Chinese ancestry) who was crazy about fresh-water fishing.  He had a job that involved travel to other countries in the region.  He told me Kyrgyzstan has the clearest, most pristine rivers and streams he's ever seen -- unfortunately the water was so toxic nothing could live in them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They want old people to have money as they get stiffed by loads of them not paying their medical bills.

I had a Thai nurse a couple of years ago, gorgeous, I got stiff way before I got my bill. But, didn't stiff the bill. Worth every penny.

Edited by garyk
  • Haha 2

On 2/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, Krataiboy said:

What are the beaches and bargirls like?

I dont know about the beaches but the bargirls can not be worse

over there.Cha-am is the place where old bargirls make a stop on there way from Phuket

to Isaan.

Vietnam is the new China. It is has booming factories and pollution.

All over Asia there is a problem with vehicle pollution that lack catalytic converters. In Cambodia they get a new Lexus and first thing do is remove any pollution control!

It means you are always exposed to high levels of toxins.

Not to mention the food.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:21 PM, madmen said:

And many much prettier than thai girls but unwanted attention by 0ld men will end up In a... get lost creep... Comment however in Asia if you are relatively well off it can easy be the new wife 

If you’re a sloppy cretin, you’re correct. You’re not going to be able to hook up with girls younger than your daughter.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, Airalee said:

I’m pretty much a non-drinker (a few drinks per year) but the air in Bangkok was so bad this year that I actually quit smoking cigarettes because of it.  Almost two months so far and feeling much better for making that choice.  Still bothered by the pollution however.

Congrats! 

• Like 1

Hanoi and Saigon have definitly bad air quality.

I felt worse in Saigon than Bangkok, mainly because there was no BTS.

Now I get used to it because I avoid main roads and peak time. The future metro will be a big plus when it opens.

But second tier cities like Da Nang are really clean. I was pretty amazed when I went from Saigon to Da Nang. I guess Da Nang easily beats Chiang Mai.

33 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Hanoi and Saigon have definitly bad air quality.

I felt worse in Saigon than Bangkok, mainly because there was no BTS.

Now I get used to it because I avoid main roads and peak time. The future metro will be a big plus when it opens.

But second tier cities like Da Nang are really clean. I was pretty amazed when I went from Saigon to Da Nang. I guess Da Nang easily beats Chiang Mai.

Certainly better than BKK or CM, at least lately. All yellow or green. Nothing into the orange or red pollution categories, which is good!

1741762569_2020-02-2321_28_36.jpg.924a28d35208178c2a00763382797907.jpg

https://www.airvisual.com/vietnam/da-nang