Immigration now require incoming Boarding Pass

17 minutes ago, ukrules said:

They're making it up to be difficult (the immigration officers), you don't need to show the boarding pass stub.

Agree they love to inconvenience tourists, but now they have a sign (one of those awful looking A4 printed black and white sheets of paper) on each immigration counter saying, "Please show your boarding pass". I saw that and thought, "here we go".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Peterw42 said:

OP, did you maybe leave the flight number off the TM6, could explain why he asked for it. Also could have something to do with corona virus, extra screening for some flights etc.

They want it before they even look at passport. Also nothing to do with current virus problem

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You don't understand swampy?  Bangkok Airport but am sure you know that.

image.jpeg.f1f335abc702bd31123ad7652730e23d.jpeg

Thank you for the chocolates. It was eerie, because you posted the image as I was eating something very much like it at that moment.

IMG_20200220_094951.jpg

More than for myself, I was asking about the airport for the benefit of the other readers of this topic as I suspected that most of them would be unfamiliar with that particular euphemism.

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You must then be on Overstay yourself as these are the forms for your extension of stay and 90 day report.  I hope you were just kidding about these forms.....if not I guess we will be seeing you on the vinyl board one day soon.

There is no reason he would have had to do either if staying here on 90 day visa entries; as are many.  

Edit:  above seems not to be the case from his reply.

Edited by lopburi3

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Thanks.Obviously we will all be taking your advice on this.One question.Can we quote you that it's not necessary if the Immigration Officer asks to see the stub? I'm sure your confirmation will put his mind at ease.

Do you know anyone who has been refused entry because of not showing their guarding pass? I don't.

2 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Thanks.Obviously we will all be taking your advice on this.One question.Can we quote you that it's not necessary if the Immigration Officer asks to see the stub? I'm sure your confirmation will put his mind at ease.

Correct.

Also for last time to readers...you very do often get asked for boarding pass. Having said that, your not going to be denied entry based on that alone. Thinking this post on a positive level is to advise folk that boarding pass can be asked for.

When I'm in queue I sometimes chat with folk in front on me re do you have your boarding pass.

It's not a big deal. Just have it on hand.

As I stated earlier same applies flying into Vietnam and some other countries. Not always but often. Why make mountain over nothing.

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

They were asking for it last time I came into the country 2 years ago, so it’s not new.

You need your flight number for other immigration stuff too, ie 90 day reports, so I just leave my boarding pass in my passport for future reference.

I've never been asked at the Immigration kiosks to show my boarding pass when arriving into Thailand via an international flight, including my most recent arrival to Swampy in December.

35 minutes ago, myprivate said:

Wouldn't it be great if somebody invented a computer that could share data with another computer, it could link passenger manifests and immigration records, and then it wouldn't be necessary to hand write all this information on dead trees.

Yeah, but would it link to immigration's commodre 64 ? 

• Haha 2

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've never been asked at the Immigration kiosks to show my boarding pass when arriving into Thailand via an international flight, including my most recent arrival to Swampy in December.

Neither have I. I’ve also never been asked to show 20,000 baht, I’ve never been asked if I’m working in Thailand or what my purpose is here. 

I’ve never been checked by customs in Bangkok, never had my booze limit checked etc... 

But, these are still requirements - the boarding pass one is new to me, but may be an existing requirement that few IO’s bother with. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Tourist numbers are dropping because a boarding pass or other requirements are checked - I think you are exaggerating !!!

What Immigration hassles are there exactly for a 2 week tourist to Thailand?

No genuine tourists are hassled... those who appear to be abusing visa exempt stamps or abusing Tourist Visas for long term stays may consider the questions (’suspicion’) a hassle. 

Tourist numbers are dropping due to the expensive baht and increasing prices. It has nothing to do with Immigration. 

I sure that a wise, smart and handsome man like you understands that the point here was not specifically on the boarding pass but on a whole,  with all the hassles added up....????....the boarding pass was just another new hassle that adds it all up. If you feel however that the procedures of immigration are easy going in Thailand, ....well...good for you....cherio !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2