Immigration now require incoming Boarding Pass

For 30 years I've left my boarding pass in the seat pocket of the plane, now I've gotta remember to take it with me, and only for one country...Thailand. 

1 - Never ever leave your boarding pass on the aircraft or casually discard it. Boarding passes contain a lot of information about you!

Hackers have successfully shown that they not only can access your private data but also book flights at your expense.

I've ripped mine up for years and disposed of them carefully to prevent ID theft and fraud.

2 - not correct as Vietnam Immigration for years have exercised their right to demand that you show your boarding pass. Doesnt always happen, but.....

Also same procedure at GCC Airports. 

Any Immigration officer in the world has the right to ask you for your boarding pass. Most just dont bother.

Be smart and don't casually discard your boarding pass.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2020 at 4:50 PM, observer90210 said:
On 2/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Tourist numbers are dropping because a boarding pass or other requirements are checked - I think you are exaggerating !!!

What Immigration hassles are there exactly for a 2 week tourist to Thailand?

No genuine tourists are hassled... those who appear to be abusing visa exempt stamps or abusing Tourist Visas for long term stays may consider the questions (’suspicion’) a hassle. 

Tourist numbers are dropping due to the expensive baht and increasing prices. It has nothing to do with Immigration. 

I sure that a wise, smart and handsome man like you understands that the point here was not specifically on the boarding pass but on a whole,  with all the hassles added up....????....the boarding pass was just another new hassle that adds it all up. If you feel however that the procedures of immigration are easy going in Thailand, ....well...good for you....cherio !

Thank you, I didn’t realise we’d met. 

Tourists don’t know about the hassles... genuine tourists are those who fly in for a 2 week (or so) holiday and return home. They encounter no immigration hassles whatsoever. 

It is those who want to stay long term (residents) and flout the 'Tourist Visa’ who cry about the hassles. 

I’m glad I was wise, smart and handsome enough to point out the obvious. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, persimmon said:

Been travelling to Thailand for over 20 years now  ( last entry Nov last year ), never been asked to show a boarding card or 20,000 bt....this must be related to the virus outbreak.

ditto. But I usually have my boarding pass, crumpled and sticky as it may be.

Have been travelling into Thailand for close to 40 years and have been asked to show my BP on more than a few occasions, albeit not in recent memory. I normally place it on the counter as I hand over my PP / Immigration card but it has been some time since the IO showed any interest in looking at the BP.

There have been a number of threads on this topic, but mainly of some years back. Here is an example:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/135074-boarding-pass-required/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/493548-asked-to-show-boarding-pass/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Have been travelling into Thailand for close to 40 years and have been asked to show my BP on more than a few occasions, albeit not in recent memory. I normally place it on the counter as I hand over my PP / Immigration card but it has been some time since the IO showed any interest in looking at the BP.

There have been a number of threads on this topic, but mainly of some years back. Here is an example:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/135074-boarding-pass-required/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/493548-asked-to-show-boarding-pass/

This is what I do every where I travel, my boarding passgets tucked into my passport.I never actually thought about it until now