Marriage extension based on work question

My fist extention based on marriage was granted using the 400k in the bank, this year november i like to use the income method, i have a wp, i have 49% of the company and my payroll slips, what documents do i need to provide them (hua hin)

You will need tax payment receipts and your annual income tax return for last year to prove  your income of 40k baht or more.

You will need your work permit and a copy of it to prove you are working legally.

They may want a signed copy the company registration as well.

I suggest you check with immigration to confirm what they require.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need tax payment receipts and your annual income tax return for last year to prove  your income of 40k baht or more.

You will need your work permit and a copy of it to prove you are working legally.

They may want a signed copy the company registration as well.

I suggest you check with immigration to confirm what they require.

Lets say you want to keep your non-o but extend it with your 40k salary for a year. I believe you are going to need all other paper work too.. such as; pics of you & your wife.. immigration will come to your house to check.. you need to go to imm with your wife... things like this. I really hope im wrong because its long paper work. Im wrong or correct? 

thanks ubon

42 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Lets say you want to keep your non-o but extend it with your 40k salary for a year. I believe you are going to need all other paper work too.. such as; pics of you & your wife.. immigration will come to your house to check.. you need to go to imm with your wife... things like this. I really hope im wrong because its long paper work. Im wrong or correct? 

Yes but it is not all that hard to do. Most offices only do a home visit for the first extension.

Still easier and less paperwork than doing the extension based upon working for a company. 

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes but it is not all that hard to do. Most offices only do a home visit for the first extension.

Still easier and less paperwork than doing the extension based upon working for a company. 

thanks. And what if the wife works in another city because of her position in the government?

12 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

thanks. And what if the wife works in another city because of her position in the government?

Not really a problem. She just needs to be present when you apply for the extension and when they do the home visit.

You would not be the first one that has done it.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:53 AM, ubonjoe said:

Not really a problem. She just needs to be present when you apply for the extension and when they do the home visit.

You would not be the first one that has done it.

I might be wrong but I don't think he will have the home visit or things like that because all he is doing is changing from the seasoned money in the bank to the income system for his financials. He already has an extension based on his marriage, he is only changing the financial system. 

On 2/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, Russell17au said:

I might be wrong but I don't think he will have the home visit or things like that because all he is doing is changing from the seasoned money in the bank to the income system for his financials. He already has an extension based on his marriage, he is only changing the financial system. 

hi, if your talking about my situation... i not extend my non-o, never. no have 400K doing 90 days every time. So Ubon is right for my situation

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it will affect the OP's situation but my last extension using income method they wouldn't accept just the contract they also wanted a letter of income verification from the school signed by the director. I guess to prove I didn't make the contract on my computer and falsify the signatures.

He's also going to need to show bank statements with deposits matching the contract amount and a letter from the bank verifying the statements are true plus his updated bankbook in his name only. (seems silly that married people can't have a joint account when using the income method)

Again, these are things I was asked for last time I applied. It was also the 1st time I've applied since the embassy stopped issuing the letters of income verification.

They also wanted to see other money in other accounts as I had started the new job in May 2019 and was applying in Aug. 2019 so didn't have a full year of salary to show them.

Personally, when I have the 400k in the bank next year I'm going to sh*tcan the income method. It's a huge pain in the backside.