Will US Embassy Report Me for Expired Visa?

I need to get an authentication of signature notary from the US Embassy, but I’m a bit nervous to go to there because I have overstayed my tourist visa by a few months now. I know that the security clearance requires that I show my passport, but will they check my visa status, and more importantly will they report me to immigration if they know of my overstay status??? 
I need to send a notarized document to a family member in the US so he can obtain my court records for my Thai wife’s US K3 Visa application...and time is ticking. Any help, info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not report you overstay. They only want to see your passport photo page.

You will need a copy of the photo page to give to them when you get the notary service done.

Have you used the notary service at the US Embassy? The reason why I ask is because I’m trying to decide if I should use the embassy or a less costly Thai lawyer notary for the basic service I need done. It’s not like I’m trying to enter a business/legal contract or some other highly sensitive matter. 

OP you should check if you need to have a witness/witnesses sign 

the notarized document. I had to have 2 as required by Fla. for a Power of Attorney appointing my sister. Each state differs. Best of luck and hope it goes smooth for you.

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

OP you should check if you need to have a witness/witnesses sign 

the notarized document. I had to have 2 as required by Fla. for a Power of Attorney appointing my sister. Each state differs. Best of luck and hope it goes smooth for you.

I am in Pennyslvania. I had to have a witness for a notorization.  One of the employees at the location signed the witness line. 

Might be that way at the U.S. Embassy too

• Sad 1

On 2/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, ubonjoe said:

They will not report you overstay. They only want to see your passport photo page.

You will need a copy of the photo page to give to them when you get the notary service done.

And the $50.00 service charge? (If I remember correctly).

On 2/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, Ibekpuro said:

I have overstayed my tourist visa by a few months now

On 2/20/2020 at 8:40 PM, Ibekpuro said:

don’t start making assumptions and criticisms about my overstay situation, please. If you understood why I’m in this circumstance in the first place I think you all would be swallowing your words. Yes I am definitely aware of the consequences, and NO it was never my intention to overstay nor do I speak of this like mentioning a “flat tire.” I was trying to keep my post fairly brief and to the point. When all your cash, US bank cards and other valuables get stolen from you right out of your condo from a security guard (who was caught on CCTV btw) it’s kind of hard to make a casual visa run to anywhere. Make sense? 
Thank you again to all the forum members who actually replied with sensible, useful and assuring words

It took you a ‘few months’ (what’s that? 2-3 months overstay) to replace Bank Cards? 

Was your passport also stollen? 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, Ibekpuro said:

Have you used the notary service at the US Embassy? The reason why I ask is because I’m trying to decide if I should use the embassy or a less costly Thai lawyer notary for the basic service I need done. It’s not like I’m trying to enter a business/legal contract or some other highly sensitive matter. 

in the USA only notary service at the US Embassy are accepted as legal. all others can be challenged.

$50 a signature. make sure you bring every page of the document you are signing they want to see it all. 

you can not bring your phone into the embassy. only your documents, wallet with cash. they take everything else away from you.

get there 30 minutes before your appointment as sometimes things go faster and if you are there then out faster. 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, Ibekpuro said:

and more importantly will they report me to immigration if they know of my overstay status??? 

i don't know. but if the Thais get you before you get your Visa sorted you are going here:

Good luck.

5e323db224b79_600.png

16 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I am in Pennyslvania. I had to have a witness for a notorization.  One of the employees at the location signed the witness line. 

Might be that way at the U.S. Embassy too

I think Ubon Joe already said this, but you don't need a witness at the Embassy.  Its not a state notary, its a US State Department / Consular Officer notary, which is a bit different then using a state licensed notary.  (For example, I am a Texas notary, but cannot notarize outside of Texas.)