TM28: Thai immigration scraps requirement for foreigners to report when they stay away from home for 24 hours

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, dave moir said:

Wrong! No more reporting TM28 not TM30

When did you ever use the TM28? A form that were supposed to be used as Change of Address, as in moving to another province to be able to use the local immigration office for 90 days reports and annual extensions.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, Peter Denis said:

Useful to know that when residing in Kalasin, a TM30 filing is only required when returning from a trip abroad.

However, different IOs different rules. 

Some IOs require that a TM30 is filed after every return from both an international trip or a domestic trip out of the province.

And others (notably CW) don't require anymore that a TM30 is filed when returning from a domestic/international trip to your home-address as mentioned on the TM-6 departure/arrival card.

Yes. The usual problem of differing policies. Of course even the officer who told me this, or another of his colleagues could say the opposite next time. Do it would be interesting to hear what others have been told at Kalasin.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Since there are so many different answers, I think I will wait until my scheduled 90 day report, on the 26th of January

. Probably a mistake, but I am not fond of going to Immigration for ANY reason.

Edited by KhunFred