BANGKOK
Jonathan Fairfield

TM28: Thai immigration scraps requirement for foreigners to report when they stay away from home for 24 hours

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Not according to the article. The hotel still reports me staying at the hotel. I dont report returning to my condo.

The article has nothing to do with TM30

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tropo said:

That could be it. I was Jomtien Immigration last week after the holiday and there were thousands visiting and apart from a few tourists, the only people wearing masks were the staff. Ironically, the "idiot who shall not be named" at the front counter asked me where my wife was when I told him I'm reporting for both of us. No staff member has ever asked me that before and I've been reporting for both of us for 10 years. I suppose he figured there weren't enough people in there already, but the place was more packed than I've ever seen it before. I put on my mask LOL.

You should have said she was in self isolation as a patient under investigation for COVID19. 🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I was there last month and asked the question as I was doing my marriage

I think we don't have the same relationship, you and I with immigration officers in Sakon.
They call me by my first name; I cycle  with one of them who lives in Udon Thani, that's why he is not there every day ... and they know that my oldest daughter is (almost) married to a river police captain ..
All this creates links.
I will occasionally go  to the northern provinces for cycling 
I went to Prachuap Khiri Khan 3 or 4 months ago.
I have never signaled my return to the Sakon IO

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The article has nothing to do with TM30

well sorry but it seems it does .. as if you don't now do a tm28 you will have to do a tm30 .. or someone will . to get a date stamped slip of paper with your address on it  in your passport ... 

• Sad 1

Just more confusing news.... Tomorrow will bring a yet new and different update.... Then you still have the uneven enforcement and understanding on the individual IO to deal with

4 hours ago, gunderhill said:

So  will they be refunding all those fines they dished out?

Are you drunk ? Anything that goes in a thai's pocket is never returned.

2 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

You still have to do TM30 when you get back !

No you don't.

57 minutes ago, docspinoff said:

well sorry but it seems it does .. as if you don't now do a tm28 you will have to do a tm30 .. or someone will . to get a date stamped slip of paper with your address on it  in your passport ... 

Just do it once surely......

12 hours ago, Chicken George said:

So.. No more reporting TM30. Which our local IO insisted I do even for one night away from my permanent address? 

The article says TM30 still applies.

• Like 2

How would immigration ever know unless you told them? I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years, and I have traveled to every providence in Thailand many times, and never once did I ever think of reporting to immigration about having traveled outside of Chonburi... And never will!!! #MAGA2020

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Georgie65 said:

How would immigration ever know unless you told them? I've been living in Thailand for over 10 years, and I have traveled to every providence in Thailand many times, and never once did I ever think of reporting to immigration about having traveled outside of Chonburi... And never will!!! #MAGA2020

The hotel you stay in reports you to immigration.

• Like 1