Best area to live for nature

IamMark

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, nice to meet you. 

For the last few winters I have been in Bangkok and traveling all around Thailand for work and holiday. The rest of 2020 I will be stationed in Chiang Mai and am looking for a house to rent for 6 months. There is a lot on offer but I am not sure what area is best?

Wat I am looking for is a 2/3 bedroom and a very quiet and natural place. Preferable not too far from the old city, max 30 mins drive. Monthly budget 50K.

Any suggestions om area and maybe an agent? 

If you look at Google Maps satellite view, you can very quickly see which neighborhoods are covered in trees and which are full of concrete.  Near the city, i would recommend Chang Khian.  A bit farther out, I like Mae Jo.  Usually go there for cycling.  Also, i think you can find a nice place for less than half of your budget.   Especially if you go as far out of the city as Mae Jo or Mae Rim.   Jetyod / Chang Khian will be a bit more expensive for a proper house because it is so near Chiang Mai University and the city.

Edited by captainjackS
  • Like 2

Check out 'Teak house' , Hang Dong area, and ask for Bob, a single Dad, Canadian and ask him for monthly rates. His place is covered with trees he planted 20 years ago. Many antiques that he has collected to furnish the rooms. Birds a plenty and pleasant dogs.

the 30 minute issue will change according to time of day... during rush hour you might not get too far in 30 minutes... good luck... you might try just west of the city... but make the drive during rush hour... also some nice areas just behind CM Univ, near Wat Umong..