UK Family visa for my Thai wife

Hello,

My Thai wife and I are about to apply for her family visa so that we can live together and she can work. A year ago, she was approved a 6 month visitor visa.

I believe we have all the documents necessary but thought there would be no harm in posting what I have. Please let me know in case I've missed anything 

All in English
From her:

• New passport with married name - photo page
  • Old passport (maiden name) photo page and the stamp pages
  • Divorce certificate for previous marriage
  • Married name change
  • New Thai ID card with married name
  • Apartment contract with both of our names on
  • Apartment bills with both of our names on
  • Tuberculosis test certificate (valid for 6 months)
  • English test A1 certificate
  • Marriage certificate
  • Photo Story - various photos of us both together since we met
  • Messages/chats from WhatsApp / Facebook Messenger
  • Document detailing about her son (not mine) and his living arrangements (he will not be getting a visa)
  • Bank statements (6 Months) to prove payments that I have sent to her (for the rent of our apartment)

From me:

• Bank Statements - Main account (to show payments sent to her and my salary which meets the requirement)
  • Savings Accounts (6 Months)
  • Payslips (6 Months)
  • Letter from employer confirming salary, pre-tax earnings and employment length
  • Previous application ID and old passport numbers

Also, is it possibile to pay more to speed up the process time? I've looked online and see mixed responses.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and all the best!

Your wife would need to apply for a Settlement Visa to live and work in the UK, you've covered most of the evidence for her, though she doesn't need photos or details of your accomodation in Thailand, they'll assume your aren't going to return so reasons to return aren't required..

You'll need to provide evidence that you meet the minimum income requirements, currently of £17,600, and have somewhere suitable to live.

You'll need to pay the application fee of $2057 and a NHS Surcharge with the application.

More details in the pinned topic 

2 hours ago, Anthony Farrelly said:

£18,600 minimum requirement for British born citizen 

You will also need certified translations of all her documents ie divorce, marriage I'd card house document. 

That’s not correct.

The financial requirement is £17,600, which has to be met by the British National, who doesn’t need to have been born in the UK.

The OP states that he meets the financial requirement, so I assume he’s aware or the correct figure.

All documentary evidence that is not in English or Welsh needs to be translated into English and certified by the translator, a house document isn’t necessary.

10 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Your wife would need to apply for a Settlement Visa to live and work in the UK, you've covered most of the evidence for her, though she doesn't need photos or details of your accomodation in Thailand, they'll assume your aren't going to return so reasons to return aren't required..

Thank you. I was thinking the accomodation records would serve more of a "proof of relationship" as the contract and bills have both of our names on. I will go through the linked post now :)

I'm a British national and my salary is good enough for the visa but thank you for checking :) We will have all documents in English and for those that are in Thai, we will submit the original Thai along with the certified English translation.

Archived