Nana Plaza - arrested

plumberman123

On 3/5/2020 at 9:21 PM, plumberman123 said:

basically i do believe him, hes not in the businees of story teling and from what ive been told the incident invloved him being kept in the ago go and the police arrived not long after heh refused to pay.

he didnt get the hand job, he stood up and wanted to pay and go but the <deleted> wanted her money for 'attempted' extras and thats when it got heated, she got heated as he stood his ground.

IMO i think he shouldve paid rather than a night in clink and a 4,000bt fine

I only witnessed one time when the police was called and arrested a guy in Nana. It took maybe 20 or 30 minutes start to finish. First the service girls aske the guy inside the bar to pay. He didn't. Then he walked out and they asked him outside to pay. He didn't. Then the mamasan asked. Then the manager asked. He told them: get the police. The police arrived, asked friendly what is going on and everybody told their story (that was apparently about lady drinks which he said he didn't order). The police told him he has to pay. He refuse. The police told him if he does not pay they have to arrest him. He offered his hands to get handcuffed. The police took the handcuffs outside and showed them to him and ask them if he really don't want to pay and if he want to get arrested. He didn't want to pay and he was arrested. In all that time he could have changed his mind and he could have paid.

For me it's just plain stupid not to pay in such a situation.

But obviously I don't know what happened with your pal.

3 minutes ago, plumberman123 said:

apparently Nana Plaza had been refurbished but theyve put a tin roof on it,

It must be like a sauna inside with no air con

They have a roof which protects the outside bars against rain. There is enough space to have lots of airflow. I didn't notice any higher temperature since that roof is installed.

On 3/5/2020 at 9:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I only witnessed one time when the police was called and arrested a guy in Nana. It took maybe 20 or 30 minutes start to finish. First the service girls aske the guy inside the bar to pay. He didn't. Then he walked out and they asked him outside to pay. He didn't. Then the mamasan asked. Then the manager asked. He told them: get the police. The police arrived, asked friendly what is going on and everybody told their story (that was apparently about lady drinks which he said he didn't order). The police told him he has to pay. He refuse. The police told him if he does not pay they have to arrest him. He offered his hands to get handcuffed. The police took the handcuffs outside and showed them to him and ask them if he really don't want to pay and if he want to get arrested. He didn't want to pay and he was arrested. In all that time he could have changed his mind and he could have paid.

For me it's just plain stupid not to pay in such a situation.

But obviously I don't know what happened with your pal.

i thinks its a scam, pay for nothing, 1000 bt, now £25 for nothing

the <deleted> really are stepping up their game to get more money for nothing

Edited by metisdead
Inappropriate language removed.
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2020 at 9:35 PM, plumberman123 said:

apparently Nana Plaza had been refurbished but theyve put a tin roof on it,

It must be like a sauna inside with no air con

For somebody who doesn't visit <deleted>, you know the place quite well.

Edited by metisdead
Inappropriate language removed.
  • Haha 2

On 3/5/2020 at 3:18 PM, plumberman123 said:

so are you confirming that in Agelwitch the <deleted> actually will do 'extra' services in the main arena?

have you partaken?

I am not confirming that and I would argue that it would have had to happen in a dark corner without the knowledge of the manager or the mamasans. So it would have been rather difficult to claim their help in getting paid for it. There was definitely something else going on here.

And I'm a little worried about what stupid word you used to get it replaced by "<deleted>".  

i don't drink, i don't like bars, but this was not always the case.

if the guy doesn't finish, you still have to pay 1000?  that seems steep.

he probably agreed to go with her, she expected money from something, then he tried to just leave and this was a waste of her time.

OR....let me think...

the girl said she was 18 but was really 45.  she only had 3 fingers and no teeth.  she was taking medicine and had hair everywhere.  the guy asks, 'where is the hair'.  she said, 'on my balls.'

• Haha 1

Not the first story of this sort to come out of NP. Another reason to avoid the place.

Might I suggest an alternative, to those interested. If you're into LBs, (and really, if you're buzzin and she's hot enough, does it really matter?) head on down to a certain famous bar of this type closer to Phrom Phong BTS. Inside, so I've heard, the ladies are mind blowing. Just buy them a few lady drinks, and have a nice chat. Eventually, so I've heard a few times, you'll find your downstairs region being taken care of. You can keep this going a few hours, while you get up and dance, explore each other, do whatever, other than full service. For that they've got a room in back, at extra cost, but it's not required. After you've had enough you really should give a nice tip, but I've heard some people say "Oh man, this is all I've got after all those drinks", and there were no hard feelings whatsoever. Other than those downstairs. Highly recommended, based on what I've heard.

I think the key phrase here is: "she started giving him a handjob of which he didnt request"

Did he report the sexual assault at all? Must have been a big lass to forcibly remove his penis from his trousers and start whacking him off against his wishes.

I'm certainly glad I don't frequent these places with such fearsome creatures around.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

this sort of thing used to be  commonplace for free so when did they start charging? do you get an invoice ?

It is always free. The payment is for them to leave you alone afterwards.

38 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I think the key phrase here is: "she started giving him a handjob of which he didnt request"

Did he report the sexual assault at all? Must have been a big lass to forcibly remove his penis from his trousers and start whacking him off against his wishes.

I'm certainly glad I don't frequent these places with such fearsome creatures around.

Its considered part of the play for the girl to get you to barfine her. I have never been charged for such things.

On 2/20/2020 at 5:46 PM, plumberman123 said:

64yrs

If you let a bar-girls hand slide into your pants and hold your member, a tip is expected.

Yea she took the opportunity to ask for too much but there are classier way to handle and deflate the situation.

First chance to deflate the drama:
He could've quickly finished his drink, pay the for the drinks, put 500 THB in her hand, and given her a funny compliment for her to ponder over - and made a gentlemanly exit.  
Instead it sounds as if he got all upset and said blank no to her and she kicked up a storm. 

He can't read the situation at the tender age of 64..?

Second chance to deflate the drama:

Cops still roll up as he's leaving exclaiming 'you pay 4 k now' . 

Answer: yes sure, you take credit card, no? sorry about that - over there ATM, take out money for you.

There you go, here's 5k, extra for you No really, I insist, my bad.  Money for water in office. Today I headache.  
He wouldve gotten away clean.

Instead?
Jesus, now he got a jail record. A night in jail! Unbelievable. 

I believe there are legal forms used for various purposes where you can't have a record of arrest e.g applying for permanent resident character related papers stuff like that.

Now he has to worry about it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

If you let a bar-girls hand slide into your pants and hold your member, a tip is expected.

Yea she took the opportunity to ask for too much but there are classier way to handle and deflate the situation.

First chance to deflate the drama:
He could've quickly finished his drink, pay the for the drinks, put 500 THB in her hand, and given her a funny compliment for her to ponder over - and made a gentlemanly exit.  
Instead it sounds as if he got all upset and said blank no to her and she kicked up a storm. 

He can't read the situation at the tender age of 64..?

Second chance to deflate the drama:

Cops still roll up as he's leaving exclaiming 'you pay 4 k now' . 

Answer: yes sure, you take credit card, no? sorry about that - over there ATM, take out money for you.

There you go, here's 5k, extra for you No really, I insist, my bad.  Money for water in office. Today I headache.  
He wouldve gotten away clean.

Instead?
Jesus, now he got a jail record. A night in jail! Unbelievable. 

I believe there are legal forms used for various purposes where you can't have a record of arrest e.g applying for permanent resident character related papers stuff like that.

Now he has to worry about it.

Wow, you seem to be a real expert. Been there done that eh :whistling:

• Sad 1

this is an age old scam and happens in many countries, though it is less common in thailand.

i have just sat with a girl while having my own drink and been asked to pay high companion fees before leaving, without asking the girl to sit. other times a guy from the bar will come hang over me while the girl is there. again, not in nana.

when you dont pay they call the police and it looks like a bill dispute. you can get off by paying whats "owed" at the police station for the trouble, and the magistrate there or lead cop will just pocket the money. does not look good for the bar in question if it happens too often.

lack of tourists may make this more likely in the future. just the price you pay hanging out at seedy venues, nothing you can do about it.

Edited by fhickson