No virus cover-up, premier tweets

snoop1130

13 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Apparently some who get infected showed no sign of illness throughout their infection yet tested positive.

By George, I think you've hit on something here. If you don't want poor test results, then don't do the tests.

Better tell the Education Dept about this, it'll make them into Thailands 2nd TAT and transform Thailands standing in the international community. Thai will become the new Lingua Franca and everyone in the world'll be eating som tam and listening to Thai pop music instead of rap and grime.

I can hardly wait... ????

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mark131v said:

Ha, well if the clown in chief says that it must be true....

So it's not just the tourists who do not want to come to Thailand!!! Even the coronavirus does not want to come here!! ????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

By George, I think you've hit on something here. If you don't want poor test results, then don't do the tests.

Better tell the Education Dept about this, it'll make them into Thailands 2nd TAT and transform Thailands standing in the international community. Thai will become the new Lingua Franca and everyone in the world'll be eating som tam and listening to Thai pop music instead of rap and grime.

I can hardly wait... ????

K-Pop is apparently the thing now.  

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The situation in Thailand today is still in a range we can cope with,” he said. “And the government will take care of all affected sectors of society.”

The problem being no-one knows for sure just what that range is?

Especially after the Phuket health minister said he'd been told by Bangkok to keep Stum about things!

It's pointless to search for any meaning, rational thinking, or lead in this man's speeches.

What matters are the facts.

And this is a fact : "Hospitals in South Korea's Daegu and Gyeongbuk are struggling with a lack of suitable beds amid a rising number of patients with coronavirus " (Yonhap)

South Korea ? You mean the ultra developed country ?

And already not enough "suitable beds" ?

So what will be the next step ?

-A build quickly new hospitals, chinese style 

-B start to "convert" sports venues, stadiums, conference hall in "triage field hospitals" 

-C no need, because the virus will quickly "die off"

C : you are saved. You're lucky. We can start again to eat our som tam.

A or B : the big troubles start... More and more infected won't be able to receive proper care. The health system is still overwhelmed. The mortality rate increases. People with "classic" health issues, won't be able to receive proper care. etc. Cascade effects. Retroactive loop. etc.

Edited by christophe75

I like many of you have been critical of Prayut and his suspicious comments but it's Geppetto who is really calling the shots.  Think about it.   Geppettos dad had everything put in place to make sure things run smoothly when Geppetto got called to run the circus.  All the concession holders are still happy, the ringmaster is happy and the performers are still doing what they have always done.......whether they are happy or not.  Virus or nought, things are going to plan. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

I like many of you have been critical of Prayut and his suspicious comments but it's Geppetto who is really calling the shots.  Think about it.   Geppettos dad had everything put in place to make sure things run smoothly when Geppetto got called to run the circus.  All the concession holders are still happy, the ringmaster is happy and the performers are still doing what they have always done.......whether they are happy or not.  Virus or nought, things are going to plan. 

And Geppetto is.... where? Pinocchio is running riot... apparently not accountable to anyone - unless it's the rotund one. Might be him...

Still, the teddy bear crane machines are under control even if the virus isn't so it's not all bad... Psychologists tell me that when you are close to reaching the end of your tether and can't manage things any more, you tend to focus only on the increasingly small things that you *can* cope with. Personally, I don't think it's that, I think it's the Peter Principle at work here.

Edited by ParkerN

3 hours ago, christophe75 said:

South Korea ? You mean the ultra developed country ?

South Korea is not quite what you think. Based on what I've been reading pretty much all the new cases which have exploded are related to some religious cult and one woman who was a member of it who had contact with 1000's of people.

This 'New World Church' which is described as a cult is the reason why they have so many cases.

"The government was neither hiding nor distorting the number of infections found here"

There it is again. Emphasis on the word 'found'.

Therefore it stands to reason that if you're not looking for it, (Nationwide) - you won't find it!

It's called being proactive.

Today, China is reporting a huge increase in infections and deaths. The Middle East is reporting a rise. S.Korea has an explosion of this virus. 

But.... nothing in Thailand.

OK. That's that then!

Well done Thailand!

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

South Korea is not quite what you think. Based on what I've been reading pretty much all the new cases which have exploded are related to some religious cult and one woman who was a member of it who had contact with 1000's of people.

This 'New World Church' which is described as a cult is the reason why they have so many cases.

She was supposed to be in self isolation (suspected case)  but the call of the god(s) was too strong so she went to the church.

This god/these gods work in mysterious ways.

• Like 1

Now exploding in Italy. From 3 cases to 17 ...  All the new cases are in 4 small towns in Lombardy, and only one was linked to a suspect. 50,000 people told to stay at home if possible.

Korea now on 430 .....

Iran now on 28 with 5 deaths.

Not exactly under control, is it? But never mind, Thailand got lucky  ????.

On 2/21/2020 at 9:03 AM, ukrules said:

That was not my point. How the epidemic started in South Korea is irrelevant.

What is relevant is that a rich country, with only a few hundred cases confirmed, starts to be scared about... its healthcare system capabilities.

I thought it was obvious.

As for the "church" or the "cult"... what's your point ? Do you imply that they had group sex for many days continuously and therefore... they accelerated the infection between themselves ?

It's laughable.

Or is it the "cult" itself that is like a virus accelerator ?

There were just one or more superspreaders... and bad luck it was in a "church".

But it could have been :

-a cruise boat (ah it happened)

-a "normal" church (ah it happened, Singapore cluster)

-a family lunch (ah it happened)

-a business meeting (ah it happened, the cluster in Germany)

-a business conference (ah it happened, Hyatt hotel, cluster in Singapore)

-a prison( ah it happened, 2 jails in China)

Or... a military base (we do not know because national security in China... but it did happen)

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1