Land border entries

Hello,

My current 2nd ED visa ends April 1.

My history is simply I arrived on METV on Jan 2018, 1st ED visa on Aug 2018, 30-day visa on arrival June 2019 then now I have 2nd ED visa.

I turn 50 in Nov and plan on getting a retirement visa. This leaves 7-month gap when my current visa ends.

My plan is to leave Thailand from April-July and return to Thailand on a land border to cover July and Aug, then leave and come back Thailand on a second land entry which will take me to Nov at which time I will fly to the US and return with an O-A visa.

Since I have no land entries on my current passport for the last 2 yrs, can I safely plan on getting the 2 back to back land entries with extensions for a total of 4 months?

Which land border entries are easy or friendly?

Thank you.

Edited by ambj1994

4 hours ago, ambj1994 said:

Which land border entries are easy or friendly?

The situation can change between now and July but, entering from Laos to Nong Khai, Chong Mek or Mukdahan has always historically been a comfortable experience (certainly for Westerners). Another excellent choice has been entering from Myawaddy in Myanmar to Maesot.

• Like 1

Your plan was looking good until you said you were returning to the US to get an OA visa. Are you aware that since the requirement to have compulsory Thai insurance has almost made this visa non existant. There are extensive threads on Thai Visa about this. Better to get an O visa from a nearby Asian country and convert to an extension of stay in Thailand. Alternatively come into Thailand on a SETV or Visa Exempt and convert into Non O/retirement extension. 

• Like 2