Thailand to designate COVID-19 as a dangerous infectious disease

webfact

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Gradually we keep hearing these little hints that things might not be good.

Numbers have been continually cited at 35 cases & of those some have been released.. so why would things suddenly get worse?

Amongst all the gloom concerning the COVID-19 a small sparkle... >>> http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2020-02/19/c_138799480_2.htm

I've talked about... prisons.

Basic common sense when you see a very contagious virus "having fun" in :

-churches

-cruise liners...

Right ?

Well... It has begun.

"-Another outbreak has been reported at a prison in Zhejiang Province, where 34 cases have been confirmed

-A prison in Shandong Province reported 207 confirmed coronavirus cases, including 200 prisoners and 7 guards"

Remind me... ? How are the thai prisons ? Well ventilated ? Individual cells ? Top notch healthcare ?

I wanted to add a "smiley"... but no. That would be really inappropriate...

But no problem, "everything is under control". And you can be sure that no infected prisonner or a guard will join inmates, inside... Never. It won't happen.

And last but not least : the elephant in the room.

Military.

Barracks. Bases. Boats. Submarines.

Afterall, that's the whole point of military : soldiers live together, eat together, sleep together (i mean...), shower together, work together, train together...

We have zero info about the PLA in China...  It must be of course a state secret.

Regarding the xxx show in South Korea and in Japan... I guess the US military start to xxx in their pants... Several huge US bases in those 2 countries....

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

because there are signs that the situation may get worse in the next two months.

No, really? But Uncle Too has the situation 100% under control - no?

And that must be true because Uncle Too wouldn't tell porky pies now would he?

I also have a feeling that they are covering up the true figures. It would seem strange that a country with so many Chinese visitors doesn't have more infections than announced. 

Many of you say the true figures will come out on social media as friends post about the infections. 

Why hasn't that started happening now? Some of the cases are more than 3 weeks old and if those people infected anyone then the figures should start rising now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, petedk said:

I also have a feeling that they are covering up the true figures. It would seem strange that a country with so many Chinese visitors doesn't have more infections than announced. 

Agreed, yet the hospitals are not "overflowing" so perhaps it is true?

I was reading an article that states the virus is not heat tolerant and will naturally die of in temperatures in access of 26-27c, if this is so it makes some sense of the relatively low cases here, why it is mainly cold weather countries that are badly hit & that it will be around for a good while yet until the weather warms up in affected countries.

• Thanks 1

THAILAND’S WORST-CASE PLAN FOR CORONAVIRUS REVEALED

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/02/20/thailands-worst-case-plan-for-coronavirus-revealed/

"Crowded facilities like schools, prisons, and military bases will also be shut down in order to contain the virus under the plan."

Think they are preempting an ANNOUNCEMNT.  Likely, a jump in infected patients? Possibly at end of today? My guess is good as people in this forum. 

Shut down prisons means they get a free "get out of jail" card, kind of like Monopoly?!

Edited by MikeyScars

I believe that this is all about money.

WHO and UNICEF are making funds available to countries who have declared an emergency.

As per Unicef;

Since 29 January, UNICEF has flown in 13 tons of supplies (to east Asia, including China), including protective suits, masks, goggles and gloves for use by health workers. Additional shipments are in the pipeline and UNICEF is pre-positioning supplies in key locations.

I  just realized that WHO encouraged this as of 17-Feb and made a public announcement in the weekly briefing;

Health authorities reiterate that the Government continues to plan for the possibility that human-to-human transmission may escalate in the weeks and months ahead, bringing an increase in the number of cases from more areas of the country.

So yes, indeed I do agree that we are about to see an  rapid increase in reported infections.

Edited by geriatrickid
added WHO report

I warned all you fornicators and blasphemers on this forum during the election but you did not listen!

"Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, [even] great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance." 

4 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It is impossible,

Khun Prayuth formally told us: the situation is 100% under control;
and our POTY 2019 keeps hammering us that nobody is and will not die from coronavirus in Thailand :annoyed:

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just think about it, more nonsense from the countries 2 BIGGEST prima donnas.????:cheesy:????

• Haha 1

Here's a refreshing change from the mass media fog of rumour, speculation and alarm generated by the mainstream media.

The author is by an award-winning independent investigative journalist whose interest interest in virology dates back to his coverage of HIV-AIDS in the Eighties.

His take on the the possible origins of viruses such as Sars, Ebola and Covid-19 certainly got me thinking. The article citied is one of a series. They are lengthy, but experience teaches that the devil is often in the detail.

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/02/18/how-are-viruses-discovered-and-identified-in-the-first-place/

Edited by Krataiboy

3 hours ago, MikeyScars said:

"Crowded facilities like schools, prisons, and military bases will also be shut down in order to contain the virus under the plan."

I fear this could leave Thailand's soft underbelly exposed, and vulnerable to all variety of would-be foreign adversaries!  Time to order more submarines, tanks and APCs!!!

7 hours ago, MikeyScars said:

THAILAND’S WORST-CASE PLAN FOR CORONAVIRUS REVEALED

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/02/20/thailands-worst-case-plan-for-coronavirus-revealed/

Think they are preempting an ANNOUNCEMNT.  Likely, a jump in infected patients? Possibly at end of today? My guess is good as people in this forum. 

Shut down prisons means they get a free "get out of jail" card, kind of like Monopoly?!

Long school break coming up anyway.  Only 1 or 2 weeks left till the summer hols...

On 2/21/2020 at 6:19 AM, Kenny202 said:

Im confused? I thought with a 2 week inc period this would have gotten worse by now if it was going to. If there was going to be a proper outbreak Bkk would be hit first. But they started taking precautions a few weeks ago. Last I read known cases in Thailand were 30 odd cases and stable. 

Allegedly - In related news Thailand tourism industry is about 20% of the economy.