"Bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Filipino singer with no work permit nabbed on the job in smart BMW bust

webfact

"Bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Filipino singer with no work permit nabbed on the job in smart BMW bust

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration police doing a tour of the bars on Koh Lanta in Krabi on Wednesday came up trumps thanks to the high tech wizardry onboard the BMW smart car.

They arrested Filipino Reggae singer Marvin B. while he was doing a set.

Utilizing the systems onboard the smart car (Naew Na described them as a notebook, a tablet and an internet connection) it was soon determined that the singer didn't have a work permit.

He was given a ride to the Koh Lanta police station along with the person who had hired him who was not named.

2pm1.jpg

Source: Naew Na

Krabi's immigration chief Pol Col Khongrit Suksai revealed that this was all part of immigration chief Lt-Gen (Big Oud) Sompong Chingduang's drive to rid Thailand of foreigners acting illegally. He urged the public to continue sending in tips on the 1178 hotline.

The singer's Facebook page indicates that he usually plies his trade on Boracay in the Philippines. He has connections to the Rastafarian community.

It is not known exactly what he was singing when immigration came into the bar but here at Thaivisa we think it might have been Bob Marley's classic Bad Boys.

K03.jpg

Source: Naew Na

Marvin told Thaivisa today that Thailand and the Philippines are his spiritual and actual homes. But he has learnt his lesson.

He said: "I have not been banned from coming back to Thailand. They just want formality so I said yes.

"They asked me if I loved Lanta or Thailand. I said Lanta is home for me. So they forgave me!

He said this was his first offense in Thailand and added:

"Never again. I must follow the law of Thailand".

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-21

Marvin B..jpg

On yer bike! (from Marvin B.'s Facebook page)

• Sad 1

Utilizing the systems onboard the smart car (Naew Na described them as a notebook, a tablet and an internet connection) it was soon determined that the singer didn't have a work permit.

Also the Batmobile and Robin's tuned motorbike on bicycle rims were part of it.

Bad boys, what you gonna do when they come for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9TXY8kYyk

Edited by Isaanbiker

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

If these smart BMWs are such a crime-fighting juggernaut…imagine what they could do with a fleet of Ferrari smart cars.

Can you just imagine what they will be able to do with some 'SMART SUBMARINES'?

Meanwhile there is no improvement in 'schools' and 'Medical Care' for the poor.....

TIT     (This Is Thailand)

28 minutes ago, BestB said:

BMW does not make airplanes????????

They made engines for aeroplanes

BMW's first product was a straight-six aircraft engine called the BMW IIIa. Following the end of World War I, BMW remained in business by producing motorcycle engines, farm equipment, household items and railway brakes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They made engines for aeroplanes

BMW's first product was a straight-six aircraft engine called the BMW IIIa. Following the end of World War I, BMW remained in business by producing motorcycle engines, farm equipment, household items and railway brakes.

Engine is not a smart airplane ????

Just something for all you who do nothing but try to look smart and pick on the Thais about these cars. The system that is in these cars is good because this man was not walking down the street for the camera to see him, he was inside a bar where many of you spend all your time trying to think of something to say. This system is for more advanced than the system that we used in Australia many years ago for the same purpose. So looking at this they can get you if you are sitting in a crowded bar even in the night time.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Just something for all you who do nothing but try to look smart and pick on the Thais about these cars. The system that is in these cars is good because this man was not walking down the street for the camera to see him, he was inside a bar where many of you spend all your time trying to think of something to say. This system is for more advanced than the system that we used in Australia many years ago for the same purpose. So looking at this they can get you if you are sitting in a crowded bar even in the night time.

Is that automatic recognize? they can drive down the street just scanning Farangs at random 

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

no fair comparing modern beemer technology to a spiffy old holden!

49 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

no fair comparing modern beemer technology to a spiffy old holden!

we did not use any holdens we had an up to date ultra modern ford transit all fitted out. there was not much room left in the back

Another case where the part of BMW or a car has nothing to do with what they actually could have done via normal check and on a smartphone (or tablet).

Or did the BMW just casually drove inside the bar too?

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

we did not use any holdens we had an up to date ultra modern ford transit all fitted out. there was not much room left in the back

Pretty sure it's 2020 and an iPad, or high end phone would suffice. 

I've got more ram in my phone these days than my gaming pc had 5 years ago. 

The car is stupid and a waste of money. 

• Thanks 1

Koh Lanta is a bit out of the way, no?  So it looks like they're going after the backpacker crowd.

I also suspect there's a lot of snitching going on. 

How many of these super BMW's are there?  Curious that "POLICE" is not spelled out in Thai.

• Like 1