BANGKOK
webfact

"Bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Filipino singer with no work permit nabbed on the job in smart BMW bust

"Bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Filipino singer with no work permit nabbed on the job in smart BMW bust

2pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Immigration police doing a tour of the bars on Koh Lanta in Krabi on Wednesday came up trumps thanks to the high tech wizardry onboard the BMW smart car.

They arrested Filipino Reggae singer Marvin B. while he was doing a set.

Utilizing the systems onboard the smart car (Naew Na described them as a notebook, a tablet and an internet connection) it was soon determined that the singer didn't have a work permit.

He was given a ride to the Koh Lanta police station along with the person who had hired him who was not named.

2pm1.jpg

Source: Naew Na

Krabi's immigration chief Pol Col Khongrit Suksai revealed that this was all part of immigration chief Lt-Gen (Big Oud) Sompong Chingduang's drive to rid Thailand of foreigners acting illegally. He urged the public to continue sending in tips on the 1178 hotline.

The singer's Facebook page indicates that he usually plies his trade on Boracay in the Philippines. He has connections to the Rastafarian community.

It is not known exactly what he was singing when immigration came into the bar but here at Thaivisa we think it might have been Bob Marley's classic Bad Boys.

K03.jpg

Source: Naew Na

Marvin told Thaivisa today that Thailand and the Philippines are his spiritual and actual homes. But he has learnt his lesson.

He said: "I have not been banned from coming back to Thailand. They just want formality so I said yes.

"They asked me if I loved Lanta or Thailand. I said Lanta is home for me. So they forgave me!

He said this was his first offense in Thailand and added:

"Never again. I must follow the law of Thailand".

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-21

Marvin B..jpg

On yer bike! (from Marvin B.'s Facebook page)

• Sad 1

his tattoo disguise didn't go far enough... Smart Siri picked up on his accent

• Haha 1

Obvious to all that they could have accomplished the same result using a honda wave and a smart phone.😆 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:28 AM, webfact said:

thanks to the high tech wizardry onboard the BMW smart car.

A laptop?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A laptop?

And an internet connection 😉😂

• Sad 1

Utilizing the systems onboard the smart car (Naew Na described them as a notebook, a tablet and an internet connection) it was soon determined that the singer didn't have a work permit.

Also the Batmobile and Robin's tuned motorbike on bicycle rims were part of it.

Bad boys, what you gonna do when they come for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on9TXY8kYyk

Edited by Isaanbiker

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

There is a good reason why BMW cost so much in Thailand . It is smarter than the people driving it 😂

Much smarter than all people living here. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

And an internet connection 😉😂

And all in the BMW wore tin hats with antennas.