Cuddly toy crane machines: Huge meeting discusses "gambling menace"

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the machines are corrupting children and youth.

So in effect, setting them up for a bright lucrative future where they will fit into society perfectly! 

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

How utterly, utterly pathetic.

And of course, the inevitable men in camouflage suits to inspect and enforce.

Maybe they will need to issue a special "cuddly toy ops" camouflage uniform to those deployed to combat this menace - overprinted with patterns of Hello Kitty, Winnie the Pooh (although that might upset their Chinese masters!) and assorted other cartoon characters?

There are so many more practical and useful things for children to spend their time on rather than playing with cuddly toys.

31026333613_988198d204_c.jpg

Edited by JAG

just how pathetic this is.....a machine to give pleaseure to young generation AND IT IS CLASSED as GAMBLING ????!!!

I think the machines are there for youngsters pleasure, trying to win a cheap prize ( which to a kid is great pleasure if they win) and they get a nice little cuddly bear.....JUST WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ??

Edited by tinca tinca
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

They are toys, are adults supposed to play on them???

They are a scam, their computer makes sure you won't get too much out of them by changing the voltage of the grabber so it will drop the thing you grabbed.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 9:34 AM, webfact said:

DOPA - the Department of Provincial Administration - met with department store chiefs, the police, customs and a whole host of other interested parties after complaints from gambling awareness groups convinced that the machines are corrupting children and youth.

Watching the government at play is more harmful to kids than machines with cuddly toys!

Those machines are 'Thieves'..... They are designed with Not enough pressure' on the tongs to grab and 'HOLD' the weight of the toy... Only borderline stregnth so maybe one time out of a hundred it will hold on to the toy....

They are moneymaking thievs... I'm actually amazed that the RTP hasn't used them to make 'More' money.... LOL   But I guess they are making enough from all the roadblock 'Helmet' checks...

Edited by kensawadee
correct spelling one word
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

just how pathetic this is.....a machine to give pleaseure to young generation AND IT IS CLASSED as GAMBLING ????!!!

I think the machines are there for youngsters pleasure, trying to win a cheap prize ( which to a kid is great pleasure if they win) and they get a nice little cuddly bear.....JUST WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS ??

They are a bloomin' menace that's what. Kids pester their parents for coins and the machines are rigged.

It's actually a huge issue because there is so much money at stake. Definitely not some kids game that should be allowed. These machines should be run out of Thailand.

It may not happen though...as I say, lots of money involved.

Rooster

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Of course they are fairground machines been around for years i played on them as kid yes of course they are rigged or at least designed so you dont win often

At times like this, flu viruses, opposition parties and MPs being banned, with  army and other "party" via proxy government now in total control. large part of population not happy...... yes of course Teddy bears are bad

Yes I played them as a kid as well that's why I don't like them. 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, PatOngo said:

So in effect, setting them up for a bright lucrative future where they will fit into society perfectly! 

Well, Thai society anyway.

The only think missing now is a few guns and some yaba tabs. Then it would be perfect.

Edited by ParkerN